SHE WAS A MIRACLE -2

Sandhya POV:

I've have countless amount of nights where I sat there worried about what had happened that day.

4 years ago where I secretly take responsible for the incident that changed Yugan's life forever.

"Sandhya.... will you come with me?" Yamuna's dad asked.

"Yeahh...uncle.. What happened? Veer told me Yugan had been tensed ever since he came out of that study room that you took him to." I said.

"I don't know if what i said was correct but I have trust in you that you will help him come out of it." He said.

"Come out of what uncle?" I asked.

"I want you to get married to him. Do you think I don't know that you have hidden feelings for him? How long will you hide it?" He asked.

"Uncle...i don't know what you're talking about. I don't think he's interested in marrying me." I said.

"Sure he is. He listens to everything you say and he doesn't even listen to yamuna, his twin sister." He said.

"That's different...." I said.

"Well... Here is my final decision. I am dismissing him for working at my company if he doesn't get married within a month. in 2 weeks, after Yamuna's marriage, I'm handing my CEO position to Karan." He said and left me to think.

Yugan hates Karan. I don't even understand why. Sometimes I wonder if it's because he doesn't come from a rich family.

"Sandhya..." Yugan called me breaking my thought bubble.

I had walked thinking that I had almost bumped into him.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah.." I said.

"Did Dad talk to you?" He asked.

"Uhm... yeah." I said not knowing what I should say.

"What do you think?" He asked.

"I honestly do not know." I said as I turned to leave.

"I completely understand Sandhya... you don't have to strain our relationship just cause dad came up with some nonsense." He said.

"Yeahh ok." I didn't want to face him.

I liked him. I liked him before. I like him now. I thought we were not meant to be so I stayed away but destiny had different plans for the both of us.

"What are you in deep thought about?" Veer asked standing next to me.

"Yugan's dad asked me to marry him." I said.

"That's a great thing! Why are you worried about this?" Veer asked.

"Cause Yugan doesn't want to see me that way." I said.

"Gurl you're blind. The way he looks at you... nobody can look at you that way." He said.

"Just look at him now. he's looking at you. Does he not think any other female at this ceremony was beautiful?" Veer asked.

"Stop... I don't want anything to do with this whole drama." I said walking away.

That night, we were all dressed up for Mehendi. Once again, I had to force Yugan into wearing something that would fit the ceremony. I wonder if he had forgotten what he used to be.

"You...know... girls hide their man's names in their mehendi." Veer whispered as the lady was doing mine.

"What the hell is your problem?" I asked.

"My problem is 2 of my best friends are not married and I want to get them married." He said.

"Not happening. Why don't you get married?" I asked.

"First you two get married and then I'll think about it." He said.

"They said Yugan is gay but now that that I think of it... what if both of you are gay? Remember that incident?" I reminded him.

"Yeahhh Yugan was trying so hard to woo Sakshi and it always backfired." He said as I smiled thinking about those sweet memories.

It was many years ago. 2nd year in college. There was a freshman girl. Sakshi. Yugan's love of his life. I've had a crush on Yugan since I met him but that's not important rn.

Yugan fell in love with her the second he saw her. One day it was at my dorm room. Yamuna and Yugan were there and so was Veer. We invited her since Yugan was in love with her.

Yamuna was outside making popcorn since we were gonna watch a movie and the two guys were on my bed fighting over something. Yugan's phone.

It got too intense to where they were shoving each other and Yugan was trying to get his phone back from Veer and that second, the door opened and Sakshi walked inside to see the whole thing.

Yugan pushed Veer away but it was too late. Sakshi stood there still for 2 sec trying to figure out what was happening and when I started laughing, she joined in.

Yugan gave me a glare but that made me laugh even more and that day, Sakshi must have just assumed Veer and Yugan were just gay.

"Hey... I need to talk to you." Yugan's voice interrupted my little flashback.

"So.... Here is the plan. Just reject me. Even if you do, he won't stop pressuring me so I'm gonna find some slutty girl. Marry her and then divorce within an year." He said.

"What the hell Yugan? You're fucking up your own life." I said.

"I didn't want to get married but at the same time I want my company. I'm not gonna watch me hard work get stolen by some..." he stopped.

"My sister's fiancé." He said as I gave him a smile.

"Yugan... I don't mind marrying you if that's what's gonna get you what you want." I said.

"But I can't sacrifice your life." He said.

"There is no sacrificing here. Everything is a contract to you.... Let's make a contract." I offered.

"For what?" He asked.

"You get something from me and I get something from you in this marriage. That's all." I tried to make it sound easy.

"What do you get out of this?" He asked.

"Love." I heard a voice behind me.

"Yugan... if you really do think of my as a good friend, you must listen to me. There is something we all hid from you." Veer said.

"Veer stop!" I said.

"No... you shut up. This is the only time you're gonna  have a chance." He said looking at me.

"Veer no!" I shouted at him.

"What are you two saying?" Yugan asked.

"She liked you... she liked you before Shakthi and after Sakshi." He said.

"No... he means... As a friend." I said trying to change the meaning.

"Stop lying... if you're not gonna ask for what you deserve then, I'm not gonna watch it being taken away from you." Veer said.

"I can't comprehend any of this rn. Give me a sec. So Sandhya used to like me?" He asked.

"Used to? She still does." Veer said as I tried to pulled him away.

"Veer, you idiot!!" I pulled him away to the side as Yugan stood there deep in thoughts.

"Why the fuck did you say that?" I asked.

"Cause I had no other way. Imagine him finding a girl again and you will get hurt again. I may have helped him woo Sakshi at the time but you're important to me. You're like the baby sister I never had." Veer said as I hugged him and started to cry on his shoulders.

"If he messes with you, I promise I won't even listen to anything he has to say cause Sandhya is always right." He said still holding on to me.