NENJAM MARAPATHILAI -8

Nila POV: 

I do.. I do care. I was more than happy to hear that he broke up with Riya... but what the actual issue was he has't earned the trust I once had for him. I did love him and no one else can ever take his place but at the same time, I don't want a toxic relationship. 

It was a saturday afternoon and I was at the temple when I noticed a very familiar face. 

Partha. Why is Partha here? What is he doing in a place where he would refuse to go to? 

"Hey... What you doing here?" He asked pretending to be surprised.

"I should be asking that." I mumbled.

"Nice saree." He said as I ignored him and walked away. 

 This man just started to follow me everywhere. I was about to get the viboothi and turn around when he bumped into me.

He kneeled down in front and closed his eyes. 

"What the hell? get up." I said looking around to see if anyone I know would be there. 

"Not until i get what I need." He said. 

I quickly applied the viboothi on his forehead and turned to leave.

He pulled my arm and I looked at him and sighed seeing him with his eyes still closed. 

"Who's gonna blow?" He asked as I kneeled down and blew away the extra viboothi on his forehead. 

I quickly walked away and noticed him behind me. 

"You are turning me on." He whispered into my ears as I was walking back to my car. 

I turned around and started at him.

"1. This is the temple 2. we're not even friends. and 3. stay away from me." I glared at him. 

"Yeah.. we're not friends. We're...uhm.. a couple...like before." He said.

"I am going to murder you." I said as I turned and started to walk away.

Suddenly I stepped on the pleats of my saree making it fall apart. 

"Shit." I said as he rushed towards me. 

This day can't get embarrassing. Before the tears even decided to form, he lifted me up and took me to my car. 

"Thanks." I said. 

"For?" He asked.

"you know what? Never mind. Bye." I said getting into my car.

"Can I get a ride?" He asked.

"Where is your car?" I asked.

"At home. A friend dropped me." He said. 

"seri ok.. get in." I said as I tried to fix those pleats. 

"need help?" He asked.

"I really don't want to go to prison so shut the fuck up." I said as I started to drive away to his house.

"Come inside." He offered when I dropped him.

"No thank you." I said.

"Nila..."I heard his mother's voice.

"I'm really happy to see you again. This boy never comes to the temple when I asked but look at him going to the temple with you now." She said. 

His mother always tried to ship us even when she didn't know we were dating. 

"Come inside." Partha said again as I glared at him and walked inside. 

"You kids go ahead. i have an urgent thing to do first. stay for lunch Nila, I'll be back." She said as she left.

"Come on in." He said as he took me to his room and all the memories of the other flashed into my head. 

"I don't want to come inside." I stayed outside of his room as he started to shamelessly stared at me. 

"Enna panra?" I asked pretending to not like his attention but deep inside, I knew I cared. 

"Just come inside." He pulled me inside and locked the doors.

"I know it's hard. for you to accept me again." He said.

"But...I'm just asking for one more chance. I can fix everything, I promise." I said.

"No." i said too fast only to regret looking at his face showing only disappointment. 

"Look... It took me a while... and I'm scared. This took me too long to forget and to be honest, I still haven't moved on. I'm sure even if I do get married to someone else, I could never forget you cause the heart never forgets but..." I stopped and looked at his expressionless face.

"Partha... I love you... but I can't love you." I said.