UYIRE-3

She walked downstairs to see her parents and shiva's parents still talking. As soon as they saw her, they paused.

There was no way she was gonna find a better guy. All the brown boys she had ever met were either spoiled coconuts or whitewashed. But shiva was different. He was emotionally available. He seem to be more mature than other guys.

"Adhiraaa..." her dad called.

"What are you thinking about? I just asked you something." Her dad said.

"Huh...sorry."she said.

"So... are you willing to marry Shiva?" Shiva's mom asked.

"Aunty... I..." she didn't know what to say.

Now or never. She thought for 2 seconds.

"Ok aunty. I'll marry him." She said.

"You will?" They were all surprised.

That night, she got a call from Shiva. She didn't feel like picking it up. She didn't know what he was going to say.

"Hello." She said.

"Why'd you accept?" Shiva asked.

"Did you not want me to?" She asked.

"What? Nooo.. that's not what I meant ... I'm just surprised. Let's meet tomorrow. Been a while." He said.

"Ok." She said.

The next day she went to his hospital to meet him. He was speaking to a nurse who was trying to publicly and shamelessly flirting with him.

Seeing that was enough to get her jealous and she walked up to them with a glare.

"Elizabeth... meet my future wife.. Adhira." Shiva smiled at Adhira as she looked at him surprised.

"You're engaged?" Elizabeth asked.

"Maybe you should get back to work?" Adhira suggested.

"Didn't think you were gonna come during my duty hours." He said.

"Yeahh right. I saw what your so called duty includes." She said turning to the other side.

"You know you've always behaved like a wife." He said.

"What?" She turned around.

"Worst place to be confessing. But adhira... I fell for you the day I met you. Just didn't want to end up hurting you and myself so I decided not to say anything yet we behaved like couples to where everyone around us thought we were." He said as she smiled.

"All this time I met guys and when I try to live them, they end up hurting me more. But you're different Shiva... I was surprised to meet someone like you and I was scared if this was something more, you'd end up leaving me." Adhira said.

"Me? Leaving you? That will never happen." He said.

"I was actually surprised when my parents asked me to marry you last night saying you agreed too." He said.

"Doc... there is a patient waiting." A nurse said.

"You should get back to work." Adhira said.

"When are you free?" He asked

"Anytime." She said.

"Let's go on a late night drive." He said.

"Sure why not." She said as she left the hospital.