UYIRE - 1

It was a Saturday morning and Adhira was trying to get some sleep when their doorbell rang, waking her up.

She got up and looked at the time. It was 8:00AM. If her mother found out she overslept, she was gonna get yelled at.

She ran to the bathroom and finished her morning business and took a quick shower before she came downstairs. 

She walked downstairs to see a family sitting there on their sofa talking to her parents.

"Adhira.. come.. This is my daughter Adhira." Her dad said.

"Ohhh...Hi..ma." The guy said with a smile.

She looked at the family and then looked at her dad.

"This is My close friend from highschool. When we were Srilanka. He moved away and now settled in New York. He had to come for a business meeting." He said.

"Texas? for a meeting? With his whole family?" She wondered  as she gave them a smile.

"And this is Shiva...He's a Heart surgeon.. He actually got a job here so that's why he's planning on settling here." Her dad's friend said pointing at his son.

This was when Adhira looked at the fine man who had been staring at her for a few minutes now. She noticed his well defined features.

"A surgeon? Damnn he must be smart." She thought.

"What do you do Adhira?" His mom asked.

"I...i graduated Uni and took a year gap working in a hospital. I got into an Optometry school and that will keep me busy till I graduate." She said.

"Ohhh so future Optometrist?" Shiva asked.

"Yeahh.. hopefully." She said.

"Adhira...Since Akash wont be home for a while, Shiva can use his room till he moves into his apartment next week." Her dad said.

"Ohh great..handsome hunk is gonna be right next door for a week. How was amma ok with this?" She wondered as she gave Shiva a smile and took him upstairs.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"23." She said

"Ohhh damn.. I'm 27." He said.

"That's pretty young for a surgeon." She said.

"I graduated early in college and..." He paused as she walked ahead of his and opened the door.

"This is my brother's room. He's spending his summer at MIT and so wont be back for a while." She said.

"MIT? Must be smart." He said.

"I get compared on a daily basis." She said.

"Like is it so bad to choose Optometry over something like a surgeon...for instance. Like How does one spend a whole day seeing blood all day and then come home and eat food without feeling grossed out." She asked as he watched her without saying anything.

"ohh.. I didn't mean to offend you." She smiled as he chuckled.

"Dont worry about it. You just get used to it. I haven't started yet but I know i'll get used to it." He said.

"Right.." She said.

"This closet is always messy and smelly but i guess amma cleaned it." She said as he continued to watch her.

"Where is your room?" He asked.

"Right across to this." She said pointing at her room.

"Let's see how clean yours is." He said as he walked towards hers.