UYIRE-5

A month has passed by and it was finally the day of the engagement. A wide smile on Adhira's face as Shiva walked towards her through the entrance. In a month a lot has changed. She felt as if she was more comfortable with him more than before. 

"Hiiii..." He said with a bright smile.

"Shiva..." She smiled.

"You look like..." He started as she waited for him to finish but he paused.

"Look what?" She asked.

"What do you think?" He asked.

"Do I look bad today?" She asked.

"Can you never think positive?" He asked sitting on the chair next to her.

"You look like an Angel." He said

"Thank you." She smiled.

Soon enough, it was time for them to exchange rings. As Shiva's mom brought the rings, both of them took the rings out of the case and exchanged it.

Adhira looked into Shiva's eyes. She didn't know how to explain how happy she was at that moment. She had never been this happy before. Something about him reassured her that their lives will always be perfect.

After the event was over, both families left for their homes. Adhira got home only to get on call with Shiva again and speak to him all night.

An Year goes by and it was finally the day of their wedding. Adhira was nervous to where she wanted to run away but the only reason she was still there sitting in the mandap in front of the Agni was because Shiva was beside her. A guy who she met on a random day as her dad's friend's son was now going to be her husband.

"Are you ready to spend your whole life with me?" Shiva asked.

"Stop asking me emotional questions. Imma start crying." She said.

"Fine... I don't need a crying bride where everyone ends up thinking you're not interested in this marriage." He laughed.

"If people weren't around I would have beat you up but..." She started.

"Adhira..." Shiva said.

"What?" She asked.

"I want a kiss. one last time as my gf before you become my wife." He said.

"What the hell? Everyone here has there eyes on us what the hell are you asking for?" She asked.

"Please?" He asked.

"I am going to murder you shiva." She said.

Suddenly the lights  goes out and everyone starts to panic. All except one person. Shiva leaned in and Kissed Adhira. She knew exactly what was happening.

The lights came back up as if nothing had happened. Adhira glared at Shiva but didn't say anything.

"Say something." Shiva said.

"Say what?" She asked.

"There is nothing to say here. people usually become more mature over the years but for you...it's reversed." she said as he started to laugh.

"Helloooo... listen to me... I needed a kiss and so I got someone to turn off the lights for me. Not a crime." he said.

"Totally." She said.

Soon, The priest gave them instructions to follow during the ceremony and both of them started to follow it. As he finally tied the mangalasutra around her neck, Adhira's heartbeat raised as happy tears rolled down her eyes.

This was it, she was his wife now. He was her husband now. Did she think the guy she randomly met over dinner one day was going to be her husband? Nope but it happened.

The rest of the day was mainly just them finishing up the rituals. By the time they were finished with everything, It was night.

Adhira walked into the room to find Shiva o his laptop busily doing something. She walked over and sat next to him and hovered over to his laptop screen where he was sending an email with a report.

"What was that?" She asked.

"A patient's report had to be sent in tonight so that they can take care of the patient tomorrow." He said.

"Ohhh..." She said.

"Well..I'm almost..... done." He said closing his laptop and placing it to the side.

The real awkwardness had officially started. They were in a room together alone. It's not like this was the first time but tonight was different. It felt wrong even tho her parents had sent her into the room themselves.

"Don't worry... you can take as long as you need." He said.

"Why is he so understanding. Do I even deserve someone like him?" She wondered.

"I'm just scared." She said.

"I know." He said.

"Shiva.... is this your first time to be...." She started.

"Do I look like I get married every two years?" He asked with a smirk.

"No...that's not what I meant." She said.

"But to answer your question... I had a girlfriend before." He said.

"Yeah I think you told me." She said.

"So...She...and I... A group of friends went on a trip after our graduation and we ended up getting closer. it was all an Accident and wasn't meant to happen. I should have told you before but..." He watched her look at his with no emotion.

"It's fine. Atleast you're telling me now." She said simply.

"You're not angry?" He asked.

"Why should I be? This was from before we even met." She said.

"Yeah..." He said.

"How did y'all break up?" She asked.

"It didn't work out. She had other priorities at that time and I had other priorities." He said.

"Cool." She said as she got up.

"Can I go change?" She asked.

"Yeahhh go ahead." He said.

She came back wearing shorts and Tee. He looked up surprised.

"You wear shorts?" He asked.

"huh? is that a problem?" She asked.

"No...I was just... I've never seen you with shorts before that's why." He said.

"Sometimes." She said.

"ohh." She said as she walked to the side of the bed.

"Good night." She said she pulled up the blanket and turned to the side to sleep.

Shiva chuckled as he got onto the bed and laid down beside her.

He thought for a min before reaching for her and pulling her into his embrace. She turned towards him and smiled at him.

It wasn't like the first time he tried to get closer to her. They had gotten more closer now and she had more trust in him than herself.