NENJAM MARAPATHILAI- 9

Partha POV: 

What the hell was that supposed to mean? She loves me but she can't? She loves me and that's all I cared. 

"Nila... one more chance can't hurt right?" I asked.

"No...It will." She said.

"I'll get going." She got up to leave.

"Nila wait." i pulled her arms. 

she sat on the bed next to me. 

"We can be friends. But for now, nothing more." She said.

"So...was he that guy?" I asked.

"What guy?" She asked.

"The guy you're talking to." I said.

"I'm talking to a guy?" She asked.

"oh... so what was that? The other day?" I asked.

"what are you talking about?"

"Remember the guy....Mira and..." I started.

"Oh...that was just nothing." She said.

"What do you mean nothing?" I asked.

"Oh god... those girls made up a whole skit cause your were here." She said.

What? A skit? Why in the world? 

"Oh..." 

"Yeah... I really gotta get going." She said.

"ennum konja neram iruntha than enna?" I sang the line of that song. (Can't you stay a bit longer?) 

"I got stuff to take care of. And exams to study for. I can't be wasting me full time with you." She said

"Wasting?" I asked.

"just stop being so cringe and let me go." She said. 

"Fine... go away." I said as she stood there for a few sec. 

"But aunty told me to stay so... Imma stay." She said sitting back on the chair

Suddenly, She gets a call from someone. 

"Hey... what's up." She answered the call in front of me.

"Yeah...Vikram...I was actually coming back but I'm gonna be a bit late." She said trying to read my face.

Vikram? Was this the same vikram? What was she late for?

"Yeahh...we'll see." She said.

I waited for her to finish the call and sat there.

"You still friends with Vikram?" I asked.

"So....there is some rule that there is only one vikram in the whole universe? Or...uhm maybe just cause one vikram does something to you, all vikrams will?" She asked ssarcastically.

"I never talked to him after that.If he was a true friend, he wouldn't have talked shit behind my back." She said.

"How'd you know?" I asked.

"If he was at fault, then you're at fault too. All of you lost my trust." She said.

"I wanted to show you something the other day... but I never got to." I said sort of changing the topic.

"What?" She asked.

I started to unbutton my shirt.

"What the fuck?" She closed her eyes.

"It's not what you think." I said as showed her the Tattoo.

"What is wrong with you?" She asked coming closer to me to touch the tattoo.

I wanted to surprise her so I got a tattoo near my heart. it was a heart with Moon and inside it had an N written.

"It's really cute but... I don't think your girlfriend or your partner in the future would be too happy to see this." She said.

"Where all is these will be you, I don't think you will." I said looking into her eyes.

She was so close to me I could have just leaned in and kissed but something stopped me. I didn't want to force her into anything no more.

She closed her eyes and waited for me to make a move. I just watched her with a smile. I haven't been able to see her this close after that incident. She opened her eyes and stared into my eyes. 

"You're not too bad after all." she said as she got up and pushed me to the bed. 

"5pm... library." She said as she walked away.

"I can't enter that library. I'm not a student nomore. I graduated." I said.

"I don't care." She said as she walked outside of my room.

"Nila...let's meet up somewhere else? outside of the campus?" I asked.

"No... the library. That's final. bye." She was gone.

I walked into Prashanth's room and found him on call with someone. 

"Can I have your ID?" I asked.

"For?" He was confused.

"Your Student ID." I said.

"but why?" he asked.

"I need it." I said.

"fine here. but don't you dare get me in trouble." He said as he handed me his student ID.