NENJAM MARAPATHILAI -6

3rd Person POV: 

A whole semester has passed by and it was towards the end of the spring semester.

"I just can't wait for the year to end." Nila was telling Vikram, one of her classmates.

"You got plans for the summer?" He was asking.

"Yeah...I'm going to Switzerland. I have family there and I love hanging out with my cousins. We don't even meet often." She was saying.

"You want me to carry that?" He asked pointing at the gift bag she was holding in her hand. She was holding a lot of things as she walking. 

"No...it's fine. It's actually Partha's birthday tomorrow and I wanted to get a few gifts." She said as the bag dropped. 

"I'll get it." he picked it up from her. 

"Thanks." She said.

"NILA!!" Partha walked to Nila furious. 

"What happened?" Nila asked.

"I've been trying to call you and you're here flirting with this mf." He said.

"What?" She couldn't process anything that had left his mouth. 

"Partha...what are you saying." She asked feeling embarrased.

"You didn't have a second to tell me you were busy? I was all worried about you." He said. 

"Vikram...I'm so sorry about what just happened. I'll talk to you later." She said as he handed her the gift bag, which didn't go unnoticed by Partha.

"What's that?" He asked.

"Why do you care?" She asked a but angry. 

"Can't you see, I'm holding things and he was just helping me. My phone was on silent so I couldn't hear." She said.

"Ok fine...i am sorry." He said still a bit angry. 

"You're not sorry. Don't say you're sorry when you're not sorry." She said.

"Nila... I don't want to argue over nothing. You know what tomorrow is." He said.

"I don't. I have to go. Bye." She said as she walked away leaving him alone. 

This had only made him angry or more like furious. Something in him told him that Vikram was not conversing with his gf like any of her other guy friends. A guy would always know how another guy's intentions are with his girlfriend. 

It was around 11 and Nila had just finished setting her car trunk  for a mini birthday and was gonna go to his house and surprise him. 

As she was driving, she saw a lone car in an empty parking lot. It looked similar to Partha's. She drove near it and to her surprise it actually was Partha's car. She saw him inside and went over to knock on the door window.

"Partha!" She said as she saw something. 

He opened the door and walked outside in a drunken state. He had a bottle of alcohol in his hand. 

"What the hell?" Nila said, freaking out.

"Aiiii....Nila...(Burb)..."He said as she looked away disgusted.

"What...are you doing here?" He asked.

"You ditching me for that Vikram. Arent you." He started to talk shit. 

"Partha...what are you saying?" She asked.

"You....you're planning on cheating on me." He said.

"Who the hell told you that?" She asked.

"Vikram." He told her.

"Vikram told you?" She asked.

"Partha...you're not in your right senses. Stop blabbering." Nila said pulling him towards her car.

"EYYY... DON'T TOUCH ME BITCH!! YOU'VE BEEN CHEATING ON ME SLEEPING WITH EVERYONE." He shouted as she raised her hand to slap him in anger. 

She had alot of patience but now, she had lost it. He can't be saying things about her. How could he think that?

He held her hand and slapped her back.

She fell back as painful tears oozed down. 

"That's it Partha...  I'm done. I don't want to be with someone who can't even have faith in me. When I say I didn't, I didn't. If you can't even believe me, then I don't need you." She rushed into her car and drove back home. 

She ripped away all the decorations and threw the cake in the garbage can. She walked up to the Mirror and found his finger prints on her cheek where he had slapped her. 

The next morning, Nila made up her mind to talk to him one last time since he was drunk last night. 

She waited for him but he wasn't anywhere on campus. As soon as she spotted Gautham, She ran to him to ask.

"I saw him with Riya in the Game room." Gautham said.

"Oh.." She said as she left gautham and ran to the game room.

She found him with Riya. Riya was trying to force herself on him yet he stayed a bit distant.

"If she cheated on you, then you should just break up with her." She was saying.

"Maybe she has some explanation." He said.

"Why would Vikram be lying to you?" Riya said. 

"Cause the way he was looking at her. I knew he had some interest in her. Never occurred to me that it was double sided." Partha said.

"What did you say?" Nila walked in on them as Riya moved away from him.

"Nila?" He said.

"Dude...what is going on? I could have thought you were cheating on me with Riya here but I won't. Cause I have trust in you. I trusted you but you... you decided to believe someone else's words instead of mine." Nila said.

"Nila, it's not what you think." He said.

"I know Partha... it's not what I think. You're not what I thought you were. If you're problem was with me talking to Vikram, then I will continue to do it whether you like it or not." She said.

"Nila... he's not..." he started but she walked off handing the gift, all wrapped up in a box, to him.

He threw the gift box on the floor in anger that she was not gonna believe her and stormed out of the room.