Part 15

Uitani pov

I open my eyes and realize it is morning, the sun is starting to rise. "Shit shit shit" I get up, "what what what?" Neteyam opens his eyes half way.

"We're gonna be in big trouble if we don't go now!"  I look around the cave to check if their is anyone, "what why?" He finally gets up "my parents will kill me if they find out I was with you especially what we did yesterday"  I hit him on the head not hard but not soft.

"Oh my goodness you're right shit we gotta go!" It finally hit him. We separated to not raise any suspicions, as I'm going inside the shack everybody is sleeping thank eywa.

                                  Neteyam pov
I separated with Uitani to not raise any suspicions. I'm walking in the shack and everybody is awake, "where have you been?" Mom comes up to me "I lost track of time.." I nervously laugh.

"Just come sit down" she grabs my arm and brings me into the circle where everyone is sitting. "What were you doing out there that you lost track of time" father doesn't look at me since he's sharpening a spear.

"I went to the cove of the ancestors and you know how beautiful it is there so I stayed for a bit next thing I know I fell asleep" I rub my neck.

Tuk sits next to me, Lo'ak just woke up, Kiri has been awake since I came in. "Don't go anywhere that is far from here, that demon is still out there" mom says with an affirm voice, "I got it mom".

It is finally the time when everyone is awake, my father gets a call that there is a gathering, we went with him. I see Uitani and i immediately look away thinking of last night, we didn't do anything bad.. just some kissing.

"As some of you may know there is usually a tradition dance that is coming up, we may have to cancel it" Tonowari sits down and everyone else is asking why. There is a dance here? I thought.

"Look. look. those sky people are still out there near maybe for all we know I do not want anything happening to my people" he gets up "but I will check if we can have the ceremony".

Uitani pov
"Father why must we cancel it?" I jog to him "you already heard my words back there"  "bu"    "Enough. Also where have you been last night?" He turns to me.

"I went out to swim in the water just a little one" I look down rubbing my arm, "sweetheart you will get hurt if you keep doing that you must rest and recover" he lays a hand on my shoulder.

I'm outside, sitting down, barefoot. I see Lo'ak also sitting down on a rock on the other side he looks upset. I walk up to him then I sit down next to him.

"What happened?" I don't look at him, "why do you wanna know" he says in a rude way, "you punk! Because I care for you and you're family"  I hit him on the shoulder jokingly "I am?" He looks at me.

"yes. yes you are especially since you bonded with payakan just like my sister said you bonded with a Tulkan and now you are one of us. I don't remember everything she said though"  he looks away flustered. 

"you saw all that?"  "No sadly I didn't" sarcasm came out of me. "Then how did yo" I interrupt "I know everything boy" I made him laugh a bit, "now tell me what is wrong" i move my arm around him. 

"My dad doesn't see me, he thinks I'm just a big disappointment in the family" he mumbles, "hey you are not a disappointment. Did he say that though?" I turn to him

"not really but he keeps saying it through other words and he got mad at me for going outside the reef to see payakan a few days ago"  "Lo'ak I don't think he sees you as a disappointment he's just worried about what will happen if anything bad happens to you and your siblings".

He doesn't answer back but he does say "man I wish Neteyam understands me the way you do" he plays with the sand. "Lo'ak you Skxawng talk with him, also you hurt him with what you said a week ago" I hit him on the head, "you're not my brother- he's my brother" I imitate him.

"Oh yea I should" I get up after he says that "good now I must go cause I have to rest. later"  I walk away

                       Don't get too comfortable
Oh and as always excuse my grammar
Btw comment what y'all think and ask questions for anything really I'll probably answer them the next two parts but at the end