Chapter 10

Lilith

Trigger warning! Self harm

No one saved me but some one did teach me to swim,

At the end of the day I still drowned of exhaustion from swimming.

I can feel someone's hands gently brushing over different parts of my body; some areas feel numb, some make my whole body erupt in excruciating pain. When that happens it always makes me cry out, I'm too dizzy to control it like I normally would and I hate myself for it.

Anyone nearby now knows how weak I am. I'm normally so so good at putting on a strong front; I hate that I can't control my cries. 

The hands stop and I feel the presence leave the room, shutting the door behind them quietly. Now is my chance to wake up, properly this time. I force my eyes fully open, it's almost impossible to stop them drooping back down against my will but I keep them open as much as I can. 

All I want is to feel safe enough to fall asleep, but I certainly don't feel safe right now when I have no clue where I am or who I'm with.

 I know Lorenzo must be around somewhere but I haven't felt his presence since I semi-passed out when those hands started touching me. 

My body cries in protest as I roll slowly to the edge of the bed, my ribs ache aggressively and my head really is throbbing now from the shaking I was given.

I shove my top's sleeve into my mouth and take a deep breath in before throwing my legs over the side of the bed and standing. My scream is somewhat muffled by the fabric but it's startlingly loud in such a quiet room. 

I hope that Lorenzo and the presence are far away, I don't want them coming back. I see a first aid kit on the floor and send a quick thank you up to whoever is listening to my prayers. 

If I can just bandage myself up and get some pain killers then I'll be fine. I always am. I refuse to let today be the day I go to hospital due to my dad. 

I bend down to pick up the first aid kit and it sends such intense pain through me that I have to sit back on the bed to stabilise myself. 

This is going to be harder than I thought.

I'm just about to try again when the door opens and in walks a lady, supposedly the presence from earlier. She's got blonde hair, with a few stray greys but they blend in easily and are almost unnoticeable. Her pale skin contrasts her bright green eyes, and she gives me a small smile before picking up the first aid kit with ease.

"Hello, I'm Genevieve but you can just call me Eve." She says in a gentle voice. I haven't heard someone speak with such kindness before that it makes me still. She doesn't look sympathetic, which I'm grateful for, but she looks at me with understanding. That's not worrying in the slightest.

I don't reply and give a simple nod instead, which sends my headache back into full force. I grab my head as if I can make the pain stop just with a touch, it's unsuccessful though.