07 | interrogation time

───── ❝ italian gelato with a side of arson ❞ ─────

[koro-sensei]

This girl...IS TROUBLING ME!

That very thought appeared in my head as I cut through the chilly atmosphere at Mach 20 speed, clutching my container of authentic Italian gelato. On the route back to Japan I debate the idea of stopping by her place to interrogate her.

She's been here for almost a week and hadn't tried to pull any tricks on me. I'd love to believe that she doesn't want me dead, but logically she must be plotting something. I cannot let my guard down around her.

I've never in all my years encountered such negative blood lust!!! Not even a normal person would be as slothful and lethargic as she!! The amount of laziness seeping through her blood is quite monstrous!

All she's done in class is taken naps!! Gahh... My voice must be so soothing, it lulls her to sleep. NOT. HOW CAN ONE BE SO CARELESS!!

AGAIN. WHY WON'T SE TRY TO KILL ME...wait...they say the suspense kills you; YES THAT'S CLEARLY THE REASON! SHE IS JUST WAITING FOR ME TO PLOP DEAD THROUGH THICK SUSPENSE (I'm not delusional).

After devouring my delectable Italian gelato, I find Emei's house and stuck myself to her wall to camouflage as I lightly knocked on her balcony window.

The curtains moved to the side followed by her somewhat shocked face.

"Sensei?" She gave me a wary expression while hiding behind her curtain.

"I'd like to pick your brain for a while if that's okay with you," I sweatdropped, understanding this is a very bizarre situation to face.

It looked like her answer might be no, so I brought out my trump card. "I brought snacks from Italy!"

Her face lit up with a flowery aura floating behind her. She stepped to the side and I'm allowed in. My students are so cute!

Score one for me! Nyufufufufuu~

(after explaining my concerns about her lackluster attempts to assassinate me cuz sleepy author ain't writing all that again)

"You came all the way here to ask me that?" Emei politely asked with a hint of confusion.

"First off, when you're as fast as me, there is no 'came all the way here'. Second, yes, I'd like to know your reason for expulsion and why you haven't tried to kill me."

Emei gave me a bored face. I was about to speak again when she stopped me with her finger. She is assertive for such a sweet-looking girl. I didn't care; my morbid curiosity shut me up.

"I got in trouble with my teachers." Emei puts her finger to her chin, tilting her head to one side. "And I slept a lot in class."

I nod skeptically. "But there is more to the story isn't there?"

"Mmm..." Emei's gaze drops to her feet; she shifts uncomfortably. "Yeah...I set a teacher on fire."

"..."

"..."

WHAAAT?! My slithery tentacles try to get a hold of her, but Emei dodged every limb with a speed that could challenge my own!?

[ when flustered, Koro-sensei's speed slows down to human pace ]

"WAIT A SECOND- YOU- YOU DID- WHAAAT? YOU SET A TEACHER ON FIRE??" if that's what she does to human-looking teachers...what does she have planned for me!??

"I don't see what's so bad about it...You literally blew up the moon :|" An animated sweat bead fell beside her while she deadpanned at me with a finger pointed back at the crescent moon.

"DON'T ':|' AT ME. WHAT YOU DID WAS COMPLETELY ALIEN TO HUMAN MORALS!!!"

"You look alien. And stop yelling. You're giving me a headache." The small girl crouched down with her hands covering her ears, back facing me.

"Hey!! Don't ignore me! And answer my second question—

"I'm just not interested, sensei. But if it makes you feel better, I'll try to kill you at least once." The small girl rubbed her eye while scrunching her nose.

"MAKES ME FEEL BETTER? WHAT ABOUT THE PRIZE MONEY?! DON'T YOU KNOW THE WORLD WILL BE BLOWN TO SMITHEREENS IF YOU DON'T K-"

"If you blow up the world, that means I'll get to sleep forever..." Emei's lips curve into a wide—wide smile, one that looks innocent, yet so sinister. "What paradise that would be..."