43 | competition time 3rd per.

───── ❝ gotta take extra care ❞ ─────

"Isogai! You were incredible!" Two girls from the main campus snuck away to compliment the Ikemen boy as he was helping clean up the chairs

"Thank you! But it's pretty dangerous stuff!" Isogai flashed them a perfect smile before walking off with folded-up chairs in his arms.

"Wahhh!!" They squealed.

"Ugh. Prince among men."

"I want him to die."

Everyone complimented Isogai's leadership but also Karma's flawless techniques when overseeing the offensive group.

Ever since summer, Karma's built a more approachable impression on the girls in his class. It wasn't so much a bad thing that he's easier to talk to, but Emei couldn't help but feel like his charisma and smiles were shared with more people, and that meant less affection for her.

Selfish isn't it? But the green-eyed girl couldn't fight the jealousy. 

"K-Karma-kun!" 

Okuda walked towards Karma with a determined yet flustered adorning her face. Her eyes darted back and forth when Karma acknowledged her and she stuttered as she spoke.

"Good job! Good job today...Y-you were amazing!" She gave him a thumbs up. 

"Oh? Yeah, I know right? I sure am amazing," Karma praised himself, recalling how expressive he was during the whole bit.

"If you do nothing, she's gonna keep persuing him." Chiba whisper-shouted, not aiming to get anyone's attention but his cousin's. A moody-looking Emei froze at his presence. 

"Geez, you scared me." She grumbled. 

What's with people talking in her ear today? It's like they want her to make a publicity stunt with karma. Ever since the summer festival incident, Chiba and Karma were on civil terms thanks to Emei playing middleman.

He doesn't have a problem with being Emei's wingman again.

"Haven't you noticed Okuda's liking to Karma?" Chiba smirked, knowing how irked his cousin can get when he assumed her jealousy.

"Yeah. It didn't bother me before, but now it kinda does." Emei mentally twitched upon witnessing the girl in braids touch Karma's shoulder as a gesture of praise. 

"What do I do?" Emei bit the inside of her cheek as she fumbled with her hands.

"Something to show them that he's taken." Chiba placed his hand under his chin to think. "Or you can remind people who they're talking to. Y'know the infamous Karma Akabane."

"But, I don't wanna paint him as a bad person." Emei frowned.

"H-Hey if you don't mind, can we hang out after school? I know this new cafe that opened up and they sell a lot of strawberry sweets!" Okuda proposed with a faint tint of pink on her cheeks.