21 | night-night time

───── ❝ what a pain ❞ ─────

[emei chiba]

There was disdain in the air...Takaoka took too much pleasure in hazing a class of teenagers. He came in with a bright set of manners and a bunch of sweets which everyone happily dug into, but then the disgusting pig unveiled his true colors.

He is more of a monster. Taking advantage of a class that isn't in a position to say no, and all for a petty revenge plot. 

When he squatted down and wrapped his arms around Kanzaki, Emei felt her blood run cold. She fairly adored the dark-haired girl. So pretty with an easygoing personality. An honest hard working classmate that Emei had gotten close to over time. She oddly reminds her of Ryunosuke.

When Kanzaki politely told him she disagreed with his method of working out, he returned her kindness with a brutal slap that hurled her to the ground. Her arms and legs scrapped the dirt with an audible, grueling sound, then she stopped and stilled. 

Emei shared a loud gasp with her other classmates and rushed to her friend's side. Nagisa, Sugino, and a few other girls surrounded her to help while Karasuma along with Koro-sensei tell Takaoka to back off.

Their confrontation went south, and all of E-class found themselves doing squats in an orderly fashion til their legs became numb. Emei winced at the strain in her thighs as she went down for her 156th squat. Other students groaned in pain around her, making this workout even more hell. 

I should've skipped out today. I just want to lie down...Ugh.

"AGH!" The green-eyed girl clutched her stomach as she falls back. The brim of her eyes was riddled with tears as she dropped to her knees. 

"EMEI!!" Ryunosuke's voice sounded so distant, but his presence was right there. He brought her body close to his chest while pulling her away from the perpetrator. 

Emei's lungs heaved and she coughed violently. She tasted metal in her mouth and brought her fingers to her lips to find the source. Blood. 

"U-uh, ahh... I don't feel so go-" The short-haired girl vomited before she finished her sentence. 

"Emei...It's okay. Breathe. It's okay." Chiba patted her back in hopes of being comforting. It helped but didn't soothe the excruciating pain she felt in her stomach. "You fucking asshole!"

Emei couldn't comprehend much, but she did detect Takaoka's shadow looming over her cousin and herself. 

"A sleepyhead is not tolerated in my class!" His gravelly voice was like a toddler banging on the deep keys of a piano. 

"You should sleep, 'dad'," Emei mocked with an intense glare. "Sleep and never wake up."

Takaoka's face heated up in rage. He reeled his arm back for another attack. But he was stopped short by Karasuma.

The world spun as Emei's vision went blurry. She hung her head and watched the floor sway until darkness consumed her. Ryunosuke's voice just got further and further away as consciousness slipped from her grasp. 

She wondered if she'll wake up in dreamland on a bed of clouds. Maybe a prince will kiss her awake.