18 | big bro time 2nd per.

───── ❝ I thought you didn't care ❞ ─────

[emei chiba]

As the after-school bell rang, everyone surrounded the makeshift borders set up by Koro-sensei and Karasuma.

Emei sat down and had her head resting on her folded arms on top of a chair's backrest. Beside her are Sugino, Nagisa, and Karma.

"This should be interesting..." She muttered under her breath. She stared blankly as Itona dramatically tossed his uniform jacket into the air, revealing a bright red sleeveless turtleneck. 

"Nyrrrr..." Koro-sensei made an awkward noise.

"This place looks like an arena." Professor Bitch spoke as she crossed her arms.

"Yeah. Fit for an honest death match. I've never seen an assassin take this approach before..." Karasuma added. 

Shiro, Itona's guardian, stood behind said boy.

"Surely you're tired of overly complicated attempts on your life, so let's confine ourselves to one rule: step foot outside the desk boundaries and you forfeit your life. Do you agree?" 

There was something about this setup that spelled out fishy. 

"Oh yeah, sure, whatever. As if the loser's gonna stick to that," Sugino clenched his fist. He made a good point about the rules Shiro set up. No wouldn't follow these rules if they were in Koro's place.

"They will," Karma said seriously. He leaned back against the wall and tilted his head down. "Koro-sensei's all about how his students see him, remember? He'll abide by the rules with a sense of honor."

A shadow casts over the octopus's face, but his expression remains indifferent as he agreed to the rule.

"Okay. But let's add one more, injuring any spectators also counts as a loss."

Itona nodded. 

Yeah, sure. As if he's going to follow that rule.

"Assassination..." Shiro raises his gloved hand.

The air thickened, and everyone tensed. Waiting. Watching. Watching to see what kind of trouble this new kid brought along with him, and how he was going to use it to murder Koro-sensei.

"Begin."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

For what seemed like an eternity, all eyes were riveted to the same thing. And, oddly enough, it wasn't the yellow amputated limb.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"I-Impossible..." Koro-sensei choked out. His face contorted into a hideous black color with purple accents; his once straight teeth became jagged and canine. 

The class shared glances with each other just as confused and apprehensive about the situation. They have never seen their teacher so enraged. 

He has tentacles.

Itona and Shiro were on intimate terms with Koro-sensei's every weakness

Itona and Shiro were on intimate terms with Koro-sensei's every weakness. This couldn't be good. Koro-sensei was getting slaughtered in there. The pressure ray Shiro activated, along with the drug-laced snack he ate, are all slowing Koro-sensei down.

The faces of Emei's classmates could all be described in one word. Afraid.

Afraid of seriously losing their teacher to these guys. If they kill him, they'll save the world!

But... It was hard to get excited about that. They not only know his weak points, they know how to zero in on them one after the other. And that's cool and all but, everyone was hoping to pull this off themselves.

We should be the ones who get to kill him.

"He's got Koro-sensei on the ropes..." Emei frowned. 

"You're so odd. I thought you didn't care if he dies." Karma looked down at the sitting girl. 

"This is diff━"

Before Emei could finish her sentence a loud crash made the floor quake and debris scattered through the classroom. Something bumped into Emei's face, shielding her from the rubble.

"A-Akabane-kun..." The emerald-eyed girl cradled her aching nose, it being the center of Karma's arm's impact. 

"Holy shit, they gotta put more thought into rule number two..." The tall boy shook his hand, and several splinters━rather large ones━fell out of his skin and to the floor. 

As the cuts on his palm bled, Karma winced. This was the same hand a certain girl bit of course (whoops). He tilted his head down at Emei, his golden irises holding a glint of worry as he checked her for splinters.  

"You Okay?"

"I-I'm...good." Emei stuttered, hiding her face from the boy.