50 | time's up

───── ❝ i love you ❞ ─────

Karma's hand suddenly went to her waist, trying to weasel his way closer to Emei without disturbing their peaceful walk

She made a small noise to his touch but quickly adjusted and proceeded normally. 

"I'm so glad to have you back." Karma's voice rasps, still feeling tired. 

Emei eyed him from her side, reaching to fix his wrinkly collar poking at his jaw. "You said that, like, five times already."

"I know. I just need you to know." He shrugged, willing the feeling of her fingers brushing against his neck to linger. "When are you planning on registering? You are registering at Kunugigaoka right?"

His voice was uncertain, he leaned his head down so his cheek met the top of Emei's skull.

"Mhm. Gonna do the paperwork a few days before school starts again." Emei fidgeted with the hem of her shirt. "I guess I'm kinda nervous to talk to the new principal."

An anxious shiver wriggled up her body comically as she deadpanned, leaning against Karma's arm. 

"He's a good guy. Not as, um, authoritative as the old principal, but he's decently smart and gets the job done. But thanks to him and us student council members, the school changed for the better."

Karma narrated as he hung his head back, watching as the fluffy clouds slowly floated westward. 

"Proud of you..." Emei whispered. 

The redhead noticed that she was still nervous, moving from her waist to taking her hand in his. "You'll like him, babe."

"Don't call me babe." Emei defended, feeling the weight of nerves lift at Karma's reassurance. 

"Get used to it." He bit back, pressing his lips to her forehead. 

"So how will the band function without you?" Karma said jokingly as they waited for cars to come to a stop in order to cross the street. 

"Ah...Sato's boyfriend will be taking my spot." Emei tried to sound proud, but there was sadness behind her words, her shoulders dropped. "Leaving was kind of hard. I got really close to them, y'know?"

Silence stretched as she waited for him to respond before he tugged at her hand to cross the street. 

"You miss them?" He finally said, more earnestly. 

"Yeah." Feeling slightly embarrassed, Emei's eyes trailed off into the distance, feet dragging on the sidewalk. 

"Aww, my poor girl~" The redhead cooed, rubbing her shoulder gently. "You'll get chances to visit them. So don't dwell on that. Besides, I'm sure Mafuyu and Karina and the others would want you to appreciate your boyfriend's company the most right?"