42 | competition time 2nd per.

───── ❝ they're mine  ❞ ─────

"I hate this," Emei sighed as she tied her white bandana on her head

"I hate this," Emei sighed as she tied her white bandana on her head. "Why do I have to participate in this event anyway?"

The short girl slouched as she and Kayano, the smallest people in the class, got into position to run their part of the relay race. 

Ever since the beginning of school, Koro-sensei found that not only were Emei and Kayano around the same size and height, their physicality was very much similar. 

He figured that assigning them to run the shortest part of the race, which included crawling under a large net, would prove to show great result and set them ahead of the other classes. 

"Aw c'mon, Emei, we get to run the shortest part of the race. It's not so bad!" Kayano smiled, crouching into position. 

"Yeah! It's not so bad until you eat shit trying to beat us!" The voice of a girl snickered beside them. 

"What a pain. This is so troublesome." Emei narrowed her eyes at them, getting into position as she spotted Kimura, their long-distance sprint runner approaching with Karma hot behind his trail. 

"Even though we're small, we can rely on our partners to make up in areas we lack!" Kayano and Emei pushed off as Karma and Kimura tagged them.

They had a good seven-second headstart before the other classes caught up. 

The net proved to be trouble for many students; however, to the pair of short girls, were well-trained for this part of their race.

The net they practiced with was twice as heavy and twice as long as the one used in the actual race, so crawling through it was easy as pudding.

"Holy shit! Those pipsqueaks can move!" A boy from D-class exclaimed in shock. "Wow, they're so aerodynamic!!" 

Emei and Kayano were first to reach the end of the net, tagging Maehara and Okano to run their part of the relay.

Kayano cheered at their success as Emei flopped onto the turf trying to catch her breath.

"We did it, Emei-chan!!" 

"Horay..." Emei panted, feeling her soul slip away from her body. 

This was it. 

The moment everyone's been waiting for: pole toppling. 

"This should be fun, I've been waiting for an excuse to fight a foreign exchange student!" Karma said as devil horns and a pointy tail appeared on him. "They look pretty big too."

"Those look like grown-ass adults! What the fuck!" Maehara clenched his jaw. "Asano's scared of losing. Must be a lot riding on this for him."

"This was to be expected guys. We all knew Asano would have a trump card." Isogai tried to calm everyone down as they stretched to prepare for the mighty battle. "It's too bad he revealed his trick too soon. We still have many more tricks to play."