27 | headache time

───── ❝ couldn't hurt to try ❞ ─────

───── ❝ couldn't hurt to try  ❞ ─────

[ Karma Akabane ]

"Hey, red!" Nakamura briskly slapped a hand on Karma's back, making him cough up his can of strawberry soda. 

"What the fuck, Bitch!?" Karma wiped the fizzy liquid off the side of his lips, threatening to pour his can over her hair. She smiled at his attempt to scare, being used to his reactions. "I have a damn migraine, I don't need your pathetic voice to make it worse."

"Aha! Sorry, you just looked so tense I couldn't help it! Loosen up a bit, bubs, we're on vacation!" Nakamura chuckled, placing her hands on her hips. "So...it's been three weeks. Have you said sorry yet?" 

She waited for her friend to reply but all she got was the silent treatment followed by him shyly rubbing the nape of his neck. 

Nakamura raised her brow in shock, then brought her hand up to flick his forehead. "Of course, you haven't...You...You're in deep shit. C'mon at least tell me you tried to contact her through someone else, Chiba maybe?"

"No."

"I can't believe you. You're such an idiot!" Rio dropped her teasing smile when she saw how worried her friend was. Even if he was an asshole for ghosting his crush, she could tell his feelings were genuine and he wanted to fix this.

Sadly, this ignorant, dense fuck didn't have a single clue of where to start.

Karma leaned back, watching the commotion of his classmates a few meters away. Without knowing he clenched his jaw when a green-eyed girl placed her hand ontop of Nagisa's head to comfort him. 

His jealousy only grew when the other boys in his class lined up to receive the same treatment as her. 

A head of dark brown locks happily smiled at Emei and thanked her for sharing her pats, explaining how he actually was having a bad day unlike the others, who only made up excuses.

Karma narrowed his eyes as Emei determinedly gave Isogai a thumbs up. The taller boy returned her thumbs up with one of his own, pressing the tip of his thumb to hers.

Pathetic. Were those words aimed towards them or himself? Karma didn't know. It infuriated him; how could they ask for such treatment from her when they barely knew her the way he did? 

Did he even know her? On a deeper level. Not just breaking the surface and understanding her favorite spots to nap. 

He couldn't even say anything. Too prideful and irritated to use words. But he couldn't just stand there and keep the cool guy act. 

"Talk to her." 

"What!?" Karma snapped out of his envious trance, and furrowed his brow, tossing his can into a nearby trash bin.