46 | time flies ♡

───── ❝ intimacy ❞ ─────

In almost uncomfortably so, Karma's heart started to pick up, the endless pounding grew to a cacophony in his ears

In almost uncomfortably so, Karma's heart started to pick up, the endless pounding grew to a cacophony in his ears. He ran down the street and knocked on the door. 

Why was he so nervous?

After knocking firmly on the door of the house before him, footsteps from inside made him stressed with anticipation. A few seconds felt like a century as the door swung open, and a man who had the same genes as Emei stood in the doorway. 

"Sorry for the intrusion, but Emei said she needed to talk to me," he panted, fanning himself by messing with the collar of his hoodie.

"You're all wet, dry yourself properly before you get sick." Takahiro led the boy inside and lent him a towel, waiting patiently as Karma dried his hair. 

"She's in her room." 

"Thanks."

Despite the frantic search for the staircase and Emei's bedroom, Karma managed to take a look at his surroundings. The house was quite Westernized and modern with minimal furniture. It looked like your ass would hurt due to the lack of cushions and cozy seating places. 

Karma took notice to the expensive artifacts exhibited around the house: books on shelves clearly for display, intricately designed vases placed in front of each corridor, a collection of international wine bottles. 

Emei's father sure had expensive taste, but that didn't make the house feel any more homey. 

Karma opened a door decorated with stickers and arts and crafts, assuming it was Emei's room, and the atmosphere changed completely. 

He wouldn't have guessed that this room and the rest of the house were of the same building. Emei's choice of furniture was pleasant and kiddish. A room that was full of her personality—an environment where you could get a real good night's sleep. 

A black and green electric guitar, covered in dust, propped up in the corner of her crowded desk. Floor couches and a kotatsu stationed in front of a TV. Origami cranes and paper lanterns hung from the ceiling and window frame. Stuffed animals are randomly thrown around the space. Floor lamps and night lights lit the room in warm orange and pink hues, making autumn feel like spring again. 

Emei sat on the floor with her legs tucked under the blanket of her kotatsu table, a show playing on her TV. When Karma was in range, she sprung up and wrapped her arms around him, burying her face into his hoodie. 

"Woah, hey, glad you miss m—" Karma kicked the door closed and returned her hug. He could tell something was up as he tilted her head up with his hand. "What's wrong?"

"MydadisplanningtogotoOsakaforayearandahalflongbusinesstripandhewantstotakemewithhimsothatmeansimgonnamovefarawayfromyouandwewontgotothesameschoolandwe'llbetwoandahalfhoursapartandthat'sfineiguessexceptforthefactthatireallylikehuggingyouandwewontbeabletohangoutoftenifimfaraway. Come to Osaka with me please," she rushed out.