37 | slow time

───── ❝ no sense of humor ❞ ─────

『 emei chiba 』

The last day of summer arrived quickly.

It was a beautiful sunny morning. The sky was clear and even the birds sang their tunes to compliment the perfect climate of the day.

The fresh vibrant grass swayed and danced as they parted ways for a pair of shoes crossing the street, stepping onto the asphalt. 

The pink tulips wrapped neatly in brown newspaper bloomed to greet the sun. Perfect petals plump at the tip and arranged with other small variants of white flowers. 

This was the ideal kind of weather to end off summer. 

The perfect kind of day where a particular redheaded boy would waste away by being coupled up in his room playing video games and reading comic books. 

But today was too good of a day to pass up. 

Karma adjusted the collar of his navy polo, mindlessly staring at a door, contemplating if he was ready to do what would mend his broken bond with Emei. 

His crimson hair blew slowly in the afternoon breeze, eyes squinting at the blaring sun above. 

With each step he took closer to the house door, his chest ached harder. The warm sunshine began to burn at his ivory cheeks. He felt hot and uncomfortable, wanting to return to the comfort of his room.

But Karma knew better than to turn back now. If anything, pure will and spite pushed him forward. he refused to be called a coward for not trying to make things right.

He must make things right.

Everything was peaceful.

Except today she woke up earlier than usual to get ready for another outing. So that put her in a sour mood. 

She brushed through her hair, which had grown to a medium length past her shoulders, and tied them into double low buns. 

She reached into a small box on her vanity, fishing out two identical red ribbons, and styled them neatly into her hair. 

(sorry if the image is blurry)