2.

Let me down slowly - Alec Benjamin - Mike wheeler
Tek It - cafuné - Will Byers
Medicine - Daughter - Will Byers

Will Byers stayed at home for a few days. His best friend had disappeared, but he got a few radio calls from him. Mike didn't say anything but Will knew it was him.

There was a small knock on his window. It made him jump. He thought about ignoring it. Shaking it off as an animal. But when the knock got louder, he looked at the window.

"Mike!" He opened it, "what are you doing? Where did you go?"
"I've been staying with Max. sorry"
"You can't just abandon us like that! You can't just-" He sighed, "stay here"
"What?"

"Jonathan's off at college so just- stay in his room if you want- he probably won't mind- or- you could stay in here with me- I don't mind.. just- don't leave me again.."

Mike was confused. He climbed through the window, "You want me to stay here- even though I'm- different?"
"Your still the same Mike I grew up with"
"I just- came for advice"
"And then your going to leave again? Disappear for another 3 days? I need you, Mike!"
"My parents are getting divorced because of me, Will. So frankly I couldn't give a shit about you right now!"

Will took a step back. His bottom lip twitched. He seemed- scared.
"Will- I didn't mean it- I'm just. Sorry. I'll go"
"No.."
"Why?"
"If you go, you might never come back.." tears we falling. Will seemed lost. A lot of people left him. And he feared Mike would be next.

"I can't be around you"
"Why?" This hurt both of them.
"Because I-" Mike was trying to think of a way to say it without actually saying it.
"Because what? Mike, just talk to me. I'll listen" Will took both of Mikes hands, "I'm listening"

Mike couldn't say it. Especially now with how close Will just got to him. They were barely inches apart.
"Will"
"Yeah?"

They were both quiet. The tones in their voices we calm, relaxed.
Mike pulled a hand free and wiped the tears from Wills face, letting his hand linger there for too long, failing to break eye contact, Will opened his mouth slightly. He was going to say something, but the words stuck in his throat.

His mouth felt dry, and he felt like he would melt under Mikes touch. He craved this. He craved Mikes touch. He wanted all the attention. He was too greedy to share.

"Will.."
"Yes?"
'Tell me to stop Will, tell me this isn't okay'
"I like a guy"
"Tell me about him"
Will already knows.

"You know him- really well"
"Yeah?"
"Mhm"
Mike moved closer.
'Telo me to leave. Call me a slur. Make me hate you. Make me hate myself'

"Is this okay?" Mike touched his face, Will leant into the touch. Mikes breath was shaky, his heart was pounding, he could hear it.
"It's okay, Mike. Everything's okay"

The house was quiet. Joyce was probably at work. They should be at school.

"I'm sorry I left"
"It's okay. Your back now. Just don't leave again. Your always welcome here" the green was becoming more present in Wills eyes. Mike lit up his world.

The air was intimate. They were too close to be friends. But neither wanted to say anything. Neither wanted to do anything about it. They weren't ready to tell eachother.

They were just two, dumb, oblivious 16 year olds.

Will moved closer to Mike and place his head in his chest. Mike wrapped his arms around him.

"Is your dad- does he call you names?"
"Not to my face"
"It could be worse then- maybe just- take it one day at a time. You still have your mom and sisters."
"Yeah."