2- 4.

Say you won't let go - James Arthur - Mike Wheeler
Waves - Dean Lewis - Mike and Will
You get me so high - the neighbourhood - Will Byers
Listen before I go - Billie Eilish - Will Byers
Fourth of July - Sufjan Stevens - Mike Wheeler

On the last day of school, Will payed one last trip to the counsellor.
"Will- I didn't think you were coming today"
"I just- I know that this summers gonna suck.. I'm gonna be the person I was before and- I hate being here but I hate being at home more"

"You told me that you loved being home with your family"
"I lied"
"Why?"
"Because- everyone's happy- and- I don't want to ruin that.. Mikes happy. My friends are happy. Mom- dad- El- their all happy.. but- I can't be. I don't know why"

"And that's okay. You don't have to be happy all of the time"
"I'm not happy any of the time!"
"Will"
"I just act like I am so everyone would just leave me alone!"
"Will-"

"I don't want to be alive anymore.."
"What..?" It wasn't Mr Hauser's voice.
Will turned around to see Mike standing in the doorway.
"Mike- I- I'm sorry.."

"don't be sorry- it's okay"
"No it's not- stop saying that it's okay!"
"Then its not okay!" Mike held Wills shoulders, forcing eye contact between them, "Nothing is okay! But it will be! It will be okay"

Mr Hauser left, giving the two room to talk.
"Mike.."
"It's okay. I promise it will be okay"
"He kissed me.."
"What? Who?"
"Troy"
"What? Why!"
"I- he- he just- grabbed me and-"

"Where is he?"
"Mike.."
"Will. Where is he"
"The gym"

"Okay" Mike took a deep breath. A failed attempt to calm himself down. He walked towards the gym. Will followed.

"Mike wait- don't do anything stupid- please"

Mike ignored him. The second he stepped foot in the gymnasium, Troy looked at him. Panic spread over his face. He was scared of Mike.

"What the fuck, Troy!"
"What?"
"Mike- stop.." Will grabbed his hand, Mike pulled away.
"What the fuck is wrong with you? Bullying people for even the slightest chance they're gay to go ahead and kiss a guy!"

Everyone looked at Troy.
"You fucking told him?"
"Don't touch him again. Got it?" Mike clenched his fists.

"He was being a tease!"
"I was talking to you! I was- I was being myself! For once in my life I was being myself!" Will finally spoke up.
"Yeah, well maybe you shouldn't! Because your pathetic"

Will took a step back. He hadn't heard those words in so long. He thought he'd never hear someone call him that again.

Mike punched Troy, knocking him to the ground. His nose was bleeding, pouring down his face. Nobody ran to his side. They were treating him how he'd treat Mike and Will. How he'd treat anyone different.

Will grabbed Mikes hand and left the school, he didn't want to be there when a teacher arrived, and frankly neither did Mike.

"Will- what else did he do?"
"Mike.."
"Did he do something else, Will?"
"Nothing. He didn't do anything. But he said he'd kill me if I told anyone"

"He won't kill you"
"Yeah- hopefully.."
"You told me. And now we can deal with it, okay? We can tell Hopper"
"What's he going to do?"
"Arrest him? What he did was wrong and probably illegal"
"You just punched him!"

They both started laughing, they didn't know why but the thought of Mike actually punching Troy after all these years was hilarious to them.

"I'll drive you home"
"I can get home fine, Mike"
"Okay. Let me re-phrase. Let me drive you around for about an hour and then take you home"
"So what, we're going on car dates now?"
"Mhm" Mike opened the door for Will.