3- 2.

Sweet - Cigarettes after sex - Mike Wheeler
Tear in my heart - Twenty one pilots - Mike Wheeler
Knee deep at ATP - Lovejoy - Will Byers
Helium- glass animals - Mike Wheeler

The next few days were actually okay. Mike had to stay in the hospital so Will stayed with him, trying to avoid school as much as he could.

"Will?"
"Hm?" He was drawing in his new sketchbook. It was only a week old but already almost full.
"I heard you"
"What?" He shifted his attention to Mike.

"I uhm- you were talking to me whilst I was- I heard. I just thought I was crazy"
"That was the point, idiot. You were supposed to hear me"
"I know. I just wanted you to know that I heard"

Will looked down. He placed his book onto the bed. He was drawing something indeterminable. Mike tried to figure out what it was.

"I missed you.. a lot.. you were here but- I needed you. I still need you.. and- I couldn't even hug you. Mike. I couldn't hear your voice. I just.. you weren't here but you were, physically.."

"You can hug me now. And I'll talk all you want. I'm not going anywhere"
"I need to- Mr Hauser wants me to- homework.. y'know? I need to finish this.." he picked the book back up, Mike put his hand on it and lowered it.

"What's wrong?"
"Nothing"
"Will.."

"Things- things are getting bad again. At school and stuff.. and home is- it's weird to be there.. I mean- everyone's treating me like a kid. Teachers are being weird every time I walk into a room and.." Will tugged on his sleeves. No, "Troy's being- weird"

Mike held his arms out. Will looked at him, tears forming in his eyes.
"Just climb up here. It's okay"
Will took a shaky breath and sat next to Mike, who wrapped his arms around him and held him close.
"It's okay. I'm here now"

And that was it. That was Wills breaking point. The part where he could let all his pain out. He layed his head on Mikes chest and cried. Mike played with Wills hair and hummed him, what he'd thought to be, Wills favourite song. And if it wasn't before, it was now.

After a while, Will relaxed into Mikes arms. Karen came into the room.

"Are you boys okay?"
"Yeah. Were fine mom" Mike was still playing with Wills hair.
"Okay- Micheal, the doctors want to get you out of bed. Back on your feet. How does that sound?"
"Fine. But stop calling me Micheal, please"

"You let Will call you Micheal"
Mike looked at him, he was asleep, "it's cute when he says it. And he doesn't call me it all the time"
"It's your name"
"Mom. Please"

"The doctors will be here soon, Micheal"
She left the room.
He sighed, it was worth a try.

He looked at Will again. He wanted to just stay in this bed forever if it meant Will would stay by his side. If it meant that everything would be okay again. He would do anything for them to be the kids they were again.

"Will.."
"Hm?" He woke up, looking at Mike. He was tired, his cheeks were tear stained.
Mike smiled, using some tissue and water to clean Wills face, "they want me to get out of bed"

"Now?" Will let Mike gently wash the tears off of his face. Resting his head onto Mikes hand when it held his cheek.
"No. Not now. But today. Which means I can go home soon. Right?"
"Mhm. Probably"

"When's the last time you slept properly?"
"I've been staying here with you"
"For 2 months?"
"Mhm"
"You need to go home and sleep"