8.

Meet me at our spot - The Anxiety, Willow & Tyler Cole - Mike Wheeler
Tree house - Alex G - Will Byers

Will finished the painting a few days after Mikes birthday. But it was okay with Mike because he wasn't really expecting anything from Will to begin with. So when he got home one day after school and saw it on his bed, in an envelope with the words 'Love, Will' written on it. He had smiled wider than he'd ever done in his life.

He carefully opened it, he didn't want to damage it even the slightest. He didn't want it to get messy like their lives were.

Mike took one glance at it and it was like he was falling in love with Will all over again.

It was a surreal painting of the swing set they had met on. Two boys holding hands whilst sitting on the swings. They were young. In kindergarten. Mike instantly knew that it was him and Will.

He would've never asked for anything more than this. It was the best gift anyone could ever give him.

Will had gone back to school the next day, and so Mike gave him the biggest hug in the corridor he could've.

"Thank you!"
"Oh my god, Mike- I need to breathe"
"Sorry" he loosened his grip, "you painted that?"
"Yeah- I thought you'd like it"
"I love it"
"Yeah?" Will smiled, leaning against his locker.
Mike mimicked this action, "yeah. Maybe more than I love you"

"Shut up, idiot" Will pushed his shoulder.
"I'm so glad your alive"
"I am too"
"Everyones calling you zombie boy again"
"Let them. I think it's cool. It just means I can't die"

The bell went so Will started to walk to class, it was English.
"You definitely seem to be invincible"
"Maybe it's a super power"
They both laughed.
"Hey, Will"
"Yeah?" He stopped and turned to face Mike.

"Meet me by the bleachers at lunch, mkay?"
"Okay"
That was they're spot.
They sat in English, Will took Mikes arm and doodled all over it.

It was fine with Mike because he knew Will didn't draw as much anymore, so he was still doing what he loved and it meant that Mike got to watch.

It was rare to see him draw. Will was always secretive about what he was drawing. He thought that if people knew what he was drawing they'd tell him to draw something else. But with Mike, that wasn't the case. He loved everything Will drew for him.

And now, he could walk around knowing that Will trusted him enough to not only let him watch him draw, but to draw on him.

It didn't make the teachers happy, but they got all they're work done so they didn't really say anything. A part of them were just happy that the two boys were getting along again and seemed to be happy.

Especially Mr Clarke who started working at the high school at the beginning of the year. He had noticed how much they had changed over the past year so he started working there to try help them.

He was proud of them. They're parents were proud of them. They're friends. Classmates.

Everyone really.

And Troy had finally decided to leave them alone which was good. Maybe they could finally have some peace and quiet around the school.

It got to lunch and they made they're way over the the bleachers, and of course, they only went there to make out.

This was the only place in the school where it was safe to be themselves. They'd just have to hope nobody went out there and saw them.

It was messy. They kept laughing and giggling. They were too happy to even think about what they were doing.

Mike pulled away, leaning his head against Wills. They were both still laughing and neither one of them knew why. But why would they say something? They're happy. They're laughing.

They're finally being them.

-----------

Will got to be the best man at the wedding, El was the maid of honour.

All of they're friends were invited. There weren't many people.

Joyce and Hopper didn't have many friends, but they didn't need many people, because they finally had eachother.

Will and El had fun at the wedding. They caused chaos for they're parents to have to fix, which made the kids laugh and want to join in.

Mike sat at the sidelines. He was happy that everyone else was happy.

El caught a glimpse of Mike and stopped Will.
"Ask him to dance!"
"What? There's people here"
"And? It's a wedding! Nobody cares!"
"Maybe if it's two girls- I- I don't know- wait- El what are you doing?"

El walked over to Mike, he looked over at Will and smiled before getting up and walking over to him.
"Cmon. One dance" Mike held his hand out.
Most of the guests had already left at this point and the rest were drunk.
"Mike- I don't know.."

"Nobody can hurt you here"
Mike seemed so sure, so Will gave in. He smiled and took Mikes hand.
"You better have learnt at least one dance!"
"I did. I learnt one just for you"

Mike pulled him close. Wills breath hitched in his throat, "just breathe, Will. Nobody will care"
Will nodded.

They slow danced, Mike held Will close. Nothing would ever keep them apart again.

There was nothing between them. They were boyfriends now. And that would never change if they had it they're way.

"I love you so much"
"I love you too"

Mike looked around. All the guests had left. It was just them, Joyce and Hopper, and They're friends. So he kissed Will and Will kissed back.

It was like they were meant to be. Puzzle pieces that had finally found each other and joined together.

But they would always remember that one time, when they were the happiest they had ever been.

There was a time when they weren't something. But they weren't nothing. They would always remember the time when they were just something inbetween.