Chapter 17

"I can't believe this."

She was on her way back to her clan's compound, muttering words of disappointments. The truth was, Hashirama must consider himself lucky that the Uchiha have many documents to deal this day. Otherwise, he will be spending his day trying to outrun Madara's threats, chasing him around his office desk.

"That scroll better have good news or he'll regret I said 'yes' on that." she hissed lowly after opening the door of her office inside the Uchiha headquarters, just beside their home which was the main house.

She refused to call the dreaded event that will about to happen soon with the right term for it.

"Madara-sama, Sadao-san wanted to give this to you."

Jiro came in with a message from Sadao and handed it out to her.

The message says: Lack of water supply in western side, fruits and vegetable seeds shortage and bakery needs.

"You can file this." Madara gave him the copy of the finished report that Hashirama signed. If Hashirama have Tobirama, Jiro stands as her right hand man, though it wasn't official but the man was almost a shadow of her when it comes in running the clan. Uchiha Jiro is a 22 year old man with a very Uchiha features of onyx eyes, pale white skin and yes, a handsome face.

Villagers ever wondered how the Uchihas remained to be as pleasing as that.

"Have you seen Izuna?" She asked while doing some of the clan's concerns in her table.

"I have seen him going out after you went to the Hokage." Jiro replied, staring at her.

"He must be playing with those Inuzuka brats again." Madara said coldly, the other Uchiha just snickered.

"Your brother is quite sociable isn't he?" He commented, having a casual talk with their leader was a very rare moment and he's beginning to have plenty of those these past few weeks since he stayed as her right hand man when Madara acted as the Hokage-in-charge of the village for a month.

"Yeah." She agreed, putting a hand under her chin looking outside the window. Jiro stared blankly at her appealing face.

"What?" Madara batted her eyes at the dumbfounded Jiro that was red as tomato, he felt like punching himself after getting caught red handed.

"N..Nothing Madara-sama!" he looked away shyly.

In fact, she always caught him peering at her. It's just she didn't think of his action that much, but now she's beginning to think what was this man's problem with her. Jiro as far as she knew was a loyal companion, a trusted clan member, to the fact that the two of them were second degree cousins. But he was also the second best Uchiha member. If weren't by their past as childhood playmates and cousins, she would have thought that he might be plotting to dethrone her of being the clan leader, but no. Madara trusted this man just as she trusted a certain Senju.

Ironically, one person from their rival clan can be a comparison in the level of trust she's giving on Jiro.

-xXx-

"This is Morito, the captain of their group and this is Mito, she formulated the seal for capturing the bijuus."

"I am Tobirama, my brother's right hand man."

Both men exchanged handshakes after Hashirama addressed each other respectively. Mito stands on her brother's side remaining a smile as she bowed slightly at the white-skinned and white-haired Senju.

All the while, the Hokage with the help of Toka discussed several things that Tobirama missed including how the trainings of the Uzumaki will undergo with the supervision of Madara. The albino gasped on his discontentment mentally while sohoting meaningful glances at his older brother. Hashirama scoffed and proceeded on explaining how the fuijuntsu that Mito created will work.