Chapter 11

"...for the Uchiha name..."

A pleading look in his eyes locked on a young girl, though his vision was already impaired. He's a leader, a leader who always have high hopes and pride for his clan, no matter how and what to do just for the sake of their name, may it be good or bad. It was his last moments and she cannot do anything but listen, her hand touched his.

"..you are my successor..."

She closed her eyes accepting the fate that was written at that very moment; to lead a clan, their clan. A big responsibility from then on, her father; a domineering and stoic man now so helpless and blind, about to die at any given time.

"...Madara..I..leave..our name...to.."

Tajima Uchiha, former leader of the Uchiha clan, on his deathbed pleaded his daughter, his only ace. Madara, 16 at that time will be the first and only female leader of a certain clan. Not just an ordinary clan, a powerful clan only bested by the Senju.

"I promise." Far from the normal girl at that age, Madara Uchiha was never a normal girl. Not a single tear dropped from her eyes, but deep inside, her heart sank knowing it will be her father's last words. Her father died with a delicate smile on his lips, trusting her completely.

It was never unusual for her to wake up earlier than a rooster, but this time, it's kind of a different degree. Rising up, putting her white robes tying its ribbon in front, she noiselessly walked through their corridor not wanting to wake a child whose room was just beside hers. Madara went to their veranda and breathe some fresh air. She hugged herself after an ice-like breeze greeted her, remembering the time when they established the village. It was like that time, cold and quiet, when a certain idiot Senju suggested her face to be carved on a rock facing the village. The Uchiha's lips curved into a smile, one that only Izuna knows what it exactly look like. She's leading the whole village peacefully for a month now, with some talking with Tobirama (that was purely business and nothing more)

"Neechan?"

The strongest of the Uchiha looked over her shoulders with wide eyes, looking at her still sleepy little brother before her (just like her, wearing a white robe) Her smile vanished the moment he called her.

"Izuna?" She was more than sure that her feet never made a noise.

"why are you here neechan? and why are you smiling?" the boy asked sleepily, rubbing his eyes using the back of his hands. Madara moved her head down and frowned.

"I was not." she said flat toned "...and why are you here, it's still so damn early." she added (not irritated but it's just the way she talkS)

Never did she imagined the question that was thrown to her, smiling? why was she smiling? SMILING.

The older of the two think for a moment what her thoughts were before Izuna arrived.

The village? the cold? was it?

The establishment of the village? maybe.

Or maybe...not that entirely.

Izuna talked about how the climate have just begun colder and colder, that the snow might drop anytime soon, and ultimately how he badly needs to pee (which was the entire reason why he gets up so early) though, his sister can barely hear him. The pale faced Uchiha girl still wondering if she really did smile few moments ago.

Or was it because she remembered the person with her at that moment?

"Neechan," coming back to reality after Izuna placed a hand over her arms (which was positioned in a Tobirama-like-manner, folded arms over chest)