Chapter 20

A/N: This will be longer than my standard chapters.

Echoing voices wearily filled his ears from the different directions around the oval shaped table. Gathered altogether were the leaders of different shinobi clans to discuss the incident about Kirigakure dispute. There were seven ninja clans residing at Konoha namely: Senju, Uchiha, Hatake, Sarutobi,Yamanaka, Hyuga and the Nara clan. Addition to them were the non-shinobi villagers who were living peacefully and chose to rely their safety to the village's strength. Many of them became suspicious of the status of their welfare after the ruckus. It was reported as a misunderstanding, hence, the clan leaders were in doubt of this and demanded a reliable contingency for the village's safety.

"We all thought the issue with them was already dismissed." the Hatake leader stated with a tone of disappointment.

"Care to explain the situation, Hokage-san?" the Yamanaka asked calmly "After all I lost numbers of my men in action."

"This is what we get for putting the safety to a rabid girl! and where is she? don't tell me she's going to put this all to our shoulders!" the Hyuga criticized.

Hashirama purposely kept quiet for a while listening to his co-leaders sentiments and rants. He cannot blame them, it was their right to know the real state of the attack but also he cannot just blab about the truth that it might be an act of revenge, most importantly if it was about her.

"My, my," Sasuke Sarutobi who was just sitting in front of the fuming Hyuga sighed "It isn't wise to talk about Uchiha-san just because she's not here."

Hyuga Eiji grunted and rolled his eyes, surely he was one of the people who dislike Madara the most.

"I heard her little brother died, right? Hashirama-san." Sasuke divulged, he was known as the closest man to both Hashirama and Tobirama. The Sarutobi clan have a long time friendship with the Senju, this was why they were also one of the first clans to join Konoha when it was formed.

Hashirama nodded quietly in reply to Sasuke.

"What? do not give me that! Yamanaka-san and most of us here have plenty of men who either died or injured and were missing because of that attack. We do not have to waste such precious time in mourning, we must act diligently at all cost! the sooner the better. We endured more of it during the warring state for all I care! so please, somebody tell her to attend this meeting and be done-"

Suddenly, the chair that Hashirama was sitting in screeched on the floor. His palms touching the table while his head lowered as he stood up facing them. He knew about the Hyuga and the Uchiha's past. Both of them are dojutsu users and inexplicably talented in combat. It was also said that they were distant relatives, however the two clans doesn't have much liking to each other.

Hashirama remembered the time when he and Madara were talking about the settlement of Hyugas in Konoha, they almost had a fight about it but nevertheless he got her to agree. The Uchihas always looked down upon the Hyugas, calling them trying hard copy cat and that they will always be the second best, maybe one of the reason Eiji is hard on her. Though he can understand the Hyuga's impatient to the Uchiha leader, he cannot withstand hearing something about a dainty topic of her late brother.

The five clan leaders only locked their eyes to the Hokage waiting him to speak ,say something, his orders, actions or some sorts. He's been disturbingly quiet for a long while from the start of the meeting and was plainly observing them.

Sarutobi Sasuke lit his pipe tobacco and started to smoke, the Hatake and Nara leaders stared at each other, the Yamanaka remained calm and the Hyuga looked at him suspiciously.