Chapter 21

Two figures stands motionless below the glaring crestfallen sky. Drops of blood came rushing down from the taller figure as he grip his injured shoulder, shocked at the person who caused it.

Her eyes red as fire.

"Madara..why?"

She launched a second attack using taijutsu but this time, he evade it. Hashirama jumped backwards only to find the Uchiha already breathed fire coming to his direction.

"Katon: Gouka Mekkyaku!" the Uchiha fired one of her signature jutsu. The Hokage didn't have a choice but to defend himself and used one hand to summon a wood release. Hashirama created a wood of dome to shell himself from the majestic fire release, but the shield cracked moments after his relocation.

"Just like the old times." Her lips curved yet again into a dangerous smile, Madara pulled the gunbai at her back. "In moments like this I can feel that I am alive." she continued.

"What's the meaning of this?!" Hashirama glowered, his face is an epitome of despair demanding an acceptable reason of her to attack. But he knows better than anyone else why she must be doing this.

Unfortunately for him that the Uchiha traversed faster than he blinks "Because I hate all of you!" she yelled back,her face was just inches closer to him, gunbai ready to smash him down. Hashirama's eyes turned to slits and releases an earth jutsu in combination of wood to pull Madara down to stop her movements. His jutsu restrained her body for a while when she used an all new genjutsu on him.

"Really?" The girl teased "how pathetic of you trying to stop me instead of fighting me. I will not fall for it. You used that a hundreds of times already since we were children!" the Uchiha warned dodging Hashirama's plan in restraining her. His sword clashed through her gunbai. They stared at each other.

"Madara please, let us talk!"

"For what?"

"It's only a matter of time and we can still do something about Kirigakure!"

"Talk?" she glared. "that ridiculous thing cannot bring my brother back!" Madara screamed and goes an all out attack on Hashirama. The man did not move a single act of returning the favor but is merely doing his best to dodge. But then upon realizing it will not do him any good, the Hokage decided to go against her hand for her have to drop the weapon.

"Dammit Hashirama, how many times I have to tell you..." the Uchiha jumped back clearly reading the Senju's stance.

"I'm not going to fall for you games."

"Do you think this is what Izuna wants you to do?" Hashirama asked as he can already feel her anger towards him.

"This is what I want to do!"

"To betray us?"

Madara only stared at him blankly.

"To betray..me?" He asked again, this time clutching his bloody arm. "Madara, we've been through all the hardships in building the village! Please do not tell me it has all come to this!"

"There is no such place for me in that village anymore!" she hissed. "No, never did I feel I belonged in that nettlesome place!" the raven haired girl said with pure bitterness. Just by reminiscing the elders' wary stares at her way back on Hashirama's delegation as Hokage when they created it filled her heart with anger to no end. Those fool who did not believe in her, who keeps very suspicious to her, who never trusted her.

"That's not true!" Hashirama protested. "you have me, I am with you all the time.."

"Enough!" Madara grips her sword on the left and gunbai on the right hand "You don't fit to be Hokage Hashirama, if not because of your imprudent decisions my brother would have still live! it's your fault, if only I..."