Chapter 23

Pain and suffering were something she's so used to have in her life. Growing in a constant war, losing her siblings and mother at such a young age, underwent a rigid training to be mold as the best, the successor of her father - Uchiha Madara became numb to pain.

Physically.

Unfortunately, emotions wasn't something one can go numb about. As long as you're alive, you are bound to have it.

She rarely feels compassion, that was a well-known fact. The ruthless goddess of shinobi, the feared leader of the noble Uchiha clan. Just one look from her in the battlefield was enough to paralyze her opponents.

Her eyes fluttered open feeling an indescribable, unfamiliar feeling. Madara was greeted by a cold, somber morning. Normally, she would start the day right ahead but this time, it was different. She stayed in her bed motionless for some minutes more. Her body felt heavy and no she doesn't feel sick or anything. It was more of..something's off about her.

She felt empty.

"I love you, Madara."

Subconsciously, she gripped the bedsheet tightly and gritted her teeth remembering what she heard last night.

"Lies, all lies." she said, bitterly. How could she believe those words coming from the man who was her rival for such a long time? Someone who stole her dreams, who constantly defeated her. She felt anger seeping through her, that was right, she's supposed to feel that way. However, there was something hidden beneath her emotions. Yet she ignored it, her mind was too clouded by hatred to listen to that little voice within her.

A voice begging to see the other side which is the truth.

It was way too early but she already hated the day.

"Madara!"

Her mind was too busy when she heard an annoying voice demanding to show herself in an instant. Madara grunted as she identified the voice of her clansmen. There were plenty of them waiting outside for their clan leader. Without wasting another second, the Uchiha summoned herself in the front door and there she was greeted by the unfriendly stares of her blood relatives.

"What do you want." she asked disinterestedly, as if she's already tired for the day when in truth it was just starting.

"We demand that you should..." the Uchiha man gulped before continuing after feeling intimidated upon meeting her sharp eyes. Truthfully, he considered backing out since the girl looked pissed and their request will surely piss her off even more and who knows, she might also skin them alive after hearing them out.

"You should come with us, in the headquarters." the man said with a tone of indignation.

Madara looked at him straight in the eyes blankly. Unbothered by the fact that 10 of her men decided to come altogether in front of her house, demanding her to come with them.

"Then meet me in my office at noon, whatever it is."

She was about to close the door when another Uchiha stepped forward. He got the air of the typical Uchiha, stone cold and confident. The man obviously did not like the way she answered to them and over all, her clansmen did not really like nor trust her to begin with. She was well aware of that, that was why Madara always have her guard up whenever she interacts with them.

It was hard, not to be well respected by most of her family members yet all she wants was to protect them.

"We need to discuss the future of the Uchiha clan." the other man spoke.

"I already told you, discuss it with me in my office at noon." she retorted.

"This cannot wait!" the man demanded. "You should get off your high horse and listen to us!"