Chapter 18

Clock ticking slowly with the silence all over the corners of the room. The only sound he can hear aside from it was his breathing. Tobirama tossed another pile of folders on the vacant space of the table. Stretching his back and straightening his posture heaving a tired sigh. He still haven't made any progress on his personal project and that makes his load doubled.

He was having a little sympathy on his older brother in staying on a boring place with a lot of work to do. Being a Hokage was not just a job, it was a tough job.

Despite all of this, office works and all the things that involved analysis and philosophical ideas suits him well. While doing his assigned work, a simple thought dawned him. What if he became the Hokage? what if he's the one who face a gazillion of papers on a daily basis, handling different cases of different people's dilemmas, arranging everything inside and outside the village.

He wondered.

Will he be capable and effective just like Hashirama and Madara's leadership?

Tobirama snickered at the thought, what was he thinking?. That would never happen. But why was he thinking of something like that?. He quickly shoved the idea, him being the Hokage? really.

Of course, based on his level of intellect and skills, he would definitely do an outstanding job being the Hokage. But never did he imagine that a single contemplation would hit him.

"Nah, this is my thing, but I have different 'wants' to do."

"Tobirama-sama! terrible news!" A shinobi messenger bawled. It was so stress-fully quiet when he barged in. The man stuttered, spilling single syllable bits by bits. Tobirama stands, carefully motivating him to speak on a normal language.

"Ki...Kirigakure!"

"What do you mean?"

"Tobirama-sama!" Suddenly, Toka jumped in the scene with a much detailed news.

"We are being attacked!"

He groaned with unbelievable expression and with Toka's information it was all crystal clear, they had been betrayed.

"Alarm everyone in the village, call every head of shinobi clans. Toka, use some of our Senju men in delivering the news."

"How dare they ignore my brother's peaceful message..but what happened to Hashirama's group?"

"But how about the Uchiha clan? Both Madara-sama and her assistant are not in the village." Toka sked, the albino Senju bit his lower lip. He needed to analyze the situation. The possibility of misunderstanding between them and Kiri was high also the possibility of his brother's peril state.

As the Hokage-in-charge, he has to think quick in giving orders to his people. But deciding which act must do, he still has a lot to learn. Yet unlike the era of warring states, they now have a lot of people to protect mainly composed of civilians or non-shinobi people.

"What happened to you brother? Damn I need to think about this, the village needs an immediate response from me! Hashirama.."

"Nevermind, I will personally talk to the Uchihas about this. I leave the rest to both of you."

Toka and the messenger swiftly left the room. It was an emergency, a bloody emergency. Konoha was just a year older and even they have numerous shinobi clan residents Tobirama doesn't think the village was ready for war.

He instantly flew using his unfinished teleportation jutsu in the Uchiha compound and was not surprised to see that almost all of them were already out of their homes. Looked like they knew he will eventually visit their humble place. As expected to another war veteran clan, they sensed the danger before it broke itself.