Chapter 25

-Roughly ten years ago-

"Mara?"

"Hmm?"

"What did you write in the time capsule?"

They were lying in a grassfield around plenty of colorful flowers after a tiring training. The young Uchiha raised her back and huffed while the Senju boy shifted his attention from the blue sky above to his friend.

"I already told you, wait for ten years and you will know."

"But it was too long~~" Hashirama whined as if it wasn't his idea for them to make a time capsule.

"You're the one who made that rule!" Madara reminded him.

It was a good day, the weather was warm but the wind coming from the mountainous part of the forest was cool. The birds chirped loudly in the background and the trees around shielded them against too much sunlight. Hashirama closed his eyes, listening on the relaxing sound of nature. It was so peaceful and to top it all, he was with her.

"I want to be with you, always."

"What?"

Hashirama grinned while lying flatly on the ground.

"That's what I wrote!" he raised his back to meet her gaze. Madara's onyx eyes widened. A faint blush started to appear in her face.

"Why did you tell me about it already?!" she scolded, he laughed.

"What's wrong with it?"

Madara glared at him with reddened face which he founds adorable. Hashirama once asked her if she ever wore a kimono before where Madara replied with a cold gaze and a loud 'YES,WHY?' He wanted to tell her that he hopes to see her wearing one but Hashirama hesitated. Especially when she started complaining how it was straining her movements saying "I cannot kick while wearing that stupid dress, I don't like it!" he wonders if ever she will act more ladylike in the future.

"Well, you already spoil me the contents so what's the use of it?" Madara raised her thin eyebrow.

"You haven't tell me about yours, right?" the boy smiled brightly as a sunshine, the girl shrugged.

He stared at his friend with a shit-eating grin as if telling her to say what she wrote in the ridiculous time capsule.

"As if I'm telling you and also stop looking at me like that!"

"Why?

"It's annoying, uncomfortable." She answered with her eyes looking at everywhere except his gaze.

Hashirama blinked wondering why Madara was acting strange, she usually do not complain on the way he look at her. She also looked like a nervous wreck.

"Are you sick, Mara?" Hashirama asked concernedly, tilting his head on his side while taking a good look on her face.

"Why?"

"Your face..it's red." The boy placed a hand on her cheek to check her temperature but he was rewarded by a growl.

"Don't touch me! I'm not blushing!" Madara screeched, Hashirama flinched.

"I never said you're blu...wait, you're blushing?"

She opened her mouth in an attempt to defend herself to no avail. Hashirama burst into laughter. Madara's cheeks turned red as tomato in embarrassment realizing she accidentally admitted that she was blushing. They rolled in the field and the place was soon filled with laughter, giggles and echoing voices as she jumped to stop him from laughing at her.