Chapter 12- The Conflict.

I open my eyes and last night's events came back to me and my temper rises again. I turn to see that Damon's side seems to be untouched. Guess he didn't come backI turn to see the time and it's past noon.

I shower and get ready for my shooting practice. I come out of the room and go straight for Damon's office. I enter,and there he is,hair all ruffled,he looks exhausted while Matteo and Dante surround him and discuss something.

He looks at me,about to say something when I say,"Matteo,can we go for our shooting practice". He looks at Damon who just nods his head with anger and disappointment. Matteo and me walk out. The whole day goes with my shooting practice which happens to be close to perfect. "You quiet today,is there something wrong?",Matteo asks. "I snap out of my thoughts and turn to him,no just shooting needs concentration",I say,looking away. Matteo is about to continue when we hear the elevator doors open.

I didn't bother to look,thinking it must be Dante. "Matteo,you may go,Dante needs assistance",Damon says coldly. Even with him having lack of sleep,he seems to still have the engery to be stern and command everyone. For some reason I wasn't even surprised that it was him. Matteo walks away and disappears as the elevator takes him up.

"How is the practice going?",Damon asks to make conversation. "Fine,almost done",I say sternly. "Do you need help?",he offers. "No",I simply reply. He nods and walks off to sit in the benches against the wall.

3 targets pop up,I shoot 2 head shots and one on the heart. I put down the gun and I'm ready to go up when I feel a hand pull my arm. "What?",I angrily say. "You upset?",he says confused. "No,I'm fine,now let me go",I pull my arm out of his grip. "Sophia,what's wrong?",he says concerned. "Like you care",I say,walking away. "I do care Sophia",he says angrily.

"I'm sure you care that's why you left me after that amazing moment we had together without a word,you didn't even come back into the room,Damon. Do you have any idea how I felt? I'm not one of your play things that you can sleep with me or play mind games with me and leave afterwards!",I say shouting out the voices that was lingering in my head,last night

He seems taken back by this. "I have never seen you as my play thing neither I'm playing with you, I had an emergency so I left,Xavier sent his people to raid one of our warehouses,I needed to go Sophia,I should have said something but I was so angry that our moment got ruined,I walked out. I didn't want to explode at you.",he says with emotion.

"That is no excuse,Damon. You should have came back during the night and said something,you left me there feeling used",I say,on the verge of breaking down. He steps forward and does the most unexpected thing,he hugs me,pulling me to his chest while he holds on to me,I eventually relax into the hug. "I would never do that to you,you mean more to me than anything else,I'm sorry,it won't happen again",he says softly that I can barely make out what he is saying.

Just like that,with his touch and words my anger evaporates. We embrace each other for a little longer till we hear the elevator door,with Dante stepping out.

"King,Xavier wants a meeting with you".Dante says out of breathe. Almost like he ran here.

The Mafia leader just apologized! Anyway what does Xavier want? Thoughts?