Chapter 18- The Day.

Mason POV

I go back to my room,pour myself a drink and lay back on the couch while my mind goes back to what Xavier said and back to that day. Xavier said things relating to Roberto and Oliva being alive,but I know they can't be. I saw them getting shot.

Flashback

"Roberto,meet us near Xavier's underground base that we were suppose to attack",I say to Robert through the phone. "We leaving now,Oliva is just trying to calm down Sophia",Roberto says defeatly. "Is this about not being able to spend time together and the excuses that you'll have been making?",I ask Roberto. "Yes,we will see you in 20 minutes",Roberto sighs.

We have been planning to attack his base for the past month. Today is the day we attack and capture who we can in order to get information. He killed my wife. His father gave him the Russian Mafia and Xavier is going around killing anyone and everyone he wants. We chose this base due to the fact that this is the one where they hold all the important information and it's unlikely for Xavier to here. If we can get information,we can destroy him using his own information against him.

I see Roberto's car,as Damon,our men and I go over the plan. "Sorry,we late", Roberto says sternly. "It's fine,you actually just in time",I say with a smirk. Let's go through this one more time."Our men surround the base,entering through all the entrances. We need to attack the rooms which is upstairs in the rooms. There are 3 floors. The first floor is security,the second floor is the meeting rooms and offices and the third floor contains information and has Xavier's personal office",I go through all the points. "Damon will be leading,one team. Oliva,Roberto and me will each have a team with us",I explain. Everyone nods and we split up.

We enter and all gather on the first floor. Everything is quiet,too quiet. As I am about to say something,men surround us and start shooting. Roberto and Oliva and me take cover while the fleet covers us. "Fuck,someone leaked the information",I say angrily. Shooting ruthlessly. Our men are going down,one by one.

The 3 of us,covering each other,our men covering the corrider,we can't retreat now. We need information. We go up to the second floor and the floor is covered with men. The team lead by Damon comes and within seconds the corrider is painted red with blood. Eventually we reach the third floor.We barge into the room,one by one,to see everything is gone. Definitely an ambush. We enter the room in the middle of the corrider with men covering us. We break the door and go inside.

There sits Xavier. "Took you'll long enough",he says. He wanted us to reach here. The 3 of us stand in the room. "Well play time is off and now you can meet your dear wife,he says smirking at me. In a split of a second,he pulls out his gun and shoots Oliva through the chest making me her stumble and collapse. Roberto goes off guard and gets shot in the neck causing him to instantly collapse on Oliva. They alive but barely.

I shoot Xavier in the arm. Our men are going one by one as Xavier's men enter the third floor. "I'll get you eventually Mason,I want to see you suffer",he says and turns around and disappear behind the book case that is a secret passage. I'm about to run after him and kill him when Damon comes from the corridors.

"We are out numbered,we need to go,there isn't anything here. If we kill him now, we will die too. If we die,so does our mafia",Damon says looking at the bodies of Roberto and Oliva. "No he needs to die for what he did",I say,blood thirsty.He will but right now you putting yours and mine and all our men's lives in danger. If we die,he won't pay,if we kill him,his men will kill us. We are outnumbered. The information was leaked. Now let's go!",Damon says repeatly.

I lost my wife,my best friend and his wife. I nod and we manage to leave the base with a handful amount of men.

We reach back and I feel the most defeated. "They died because of me,they died because I couldn't protect anyone. I'm not worthy of being the Mafia King.",I shout. "Dad,they died because our information was leaked,there is a mole among us,Damon tries to comfort me.

"No,I failed but you won't. You will take revenge but you will do it in your time,if you being King,he won't know who you are,he doesn't know your strategies,he doesn't even know I have a son",I say with a stern look.

"No",Damon tries to refuse the offer. "Damon,you are my son,you will become King eventually so why not now? You are 21,and that's the age,the Mafia leader needs to take over. Selina died because of me and now my best friend and his wife died too. I can't be the King anymore. Being King means protecting those even when you out for blood. I failed and so I'm giving you the title to be King",I say embracing Damon.

Present

They died. They could be saved but there's no way he went back. Or did he? Neither could I kill him without having Damon and myself being killed and our mafia going down. So what is going on? With that I drift off to sleep.

So that's what happened? So did they die or not. Is this just a game? Thoughts? Also when I said Xavier disappeared,there was a serect passage on the room and so when we got shot and killed Oliva and Roberto,he was satisfied and decided to leave.