Chapter 31- Sicken

I must have dozed off because when I wake up it's a little bright outside. I check the time and it's 05:03. Damon,is he back? I look over at Dante and his sleep asleep.

I wander off out of the room to Damon's office. I open the door and it's empty. Maybe he didn't return yet. I sigh and go into the garden. I can't move this sicken thought that something is going to happen. I watch the sunrise. I love sunrises. It makes me feel calm but right now all I want is to be in Damon's arms knowing his fine and safe.

I go upstairs to get ready. I shower,get ready and go to Dante. I see him awake. "Hey",I say. "Hi",he says tiredly. "How you feeling?",I ask sitting next to him. "Better,thanks. Where's King?",he asks. I sigh. "I'm not really sure but I'm pretty sure he went to take revenge for what happened to you",I explain. "When did he leave?",Dante inquires. "Last night", I respond.

"He should be back",he says confused. "He isn't.",I say the sicken feeling getting worse. "He makes sure to finish the job before sunrise",Dante explains. "Maybe he got delayed",I say trying to reassure myself. Dante goes silent,deep in thought.

"Where's Alesandro?",Dante finally speaks up. "I think he went with Damon",I say. Dante reaches for his phone and calls someone. "Is King in?,I hear him asking. After some explanation on the other side of the call,he cuts the call.

I look at him for some explanation only for him to nod his head. I hear the front door bang and look at Dante with hope. I wake up and go out of the room and look into the living room from upstairs and see it's Mason. Maybe he knows? I got downstairs. "Mason,do you know when Damon is going to be in?",I ask instantly. Mason looks at me confused. "His not back yet?",Mason says looking at me. "No",I say hesitantly.

"I'll be back",he says and walks out. What is going on? Where is he? A few hours pass and the door opens. I look at it in hope it's Damon but it's Mason. He sits across me. "Where's he?",I ask worried. Mason looks up at me with tears rolling down his face.

What happened? Any ideas?