Chapter 32- Rise

I look at him with my mind races with all thoughts. "What?",I say. "He went out to show the petty gangs their place in the Mafia and Xavier's men attacked them. Matteo is seriously hurt and Damon is in hospital but the chances are low.

My head is spinning with the new information I just got. Damon left and he didn't return, I could have stopped him,he came by me last. "We need to go",I manage to say.

The drive to the hospital has my heart and my mind in all sorts of conclusions. We go up to where Damon is and we see the doctor coming out. Mason goes up to him after a mini conversation,he storms into the Damon's room. I run behind him. "Only to see a cloth over Damon's body. No this can't be happening. This isn't happening. I can't do this again. Another death,I can't do this. He left me,he said he would but he did. I collapse on the floor looking at his lifeless body covered while Mason collapses on the couch,grieving.

I can't bring myself to see the body. He meant everything to me. Why is everyone leaving me? Mason manages to bring himself together. The doctors enter. "Excuse me,how Matteo?",I managed to ask standing up. "His stable but he needs alot of care and observation",the doctor says. "Can I see him?",I ask. "Sure,nurse please take her",he says. The doctor then turns to Mason and they begin to talk about something as I walk to Matteo's room. Maybe he can tell him something.

"Hey",I say as I walk to his bed side and sit down. "Sophia,I'm sorry",he says. "For what?",I ask confused. "For Damon",he says looking away. My heart sinks by the mention of his name,I compose myself. "Matteo,I don't know what happened but don't blame yourself",I try to assure him. "No,Sophia. I knew something was wrong,Damon was out for blood and I should have stopped him. I had a feeling but I should have spoken up",he explains. I nod my head. "Can you tell me what happened?",I ask.

"When Dante came back hurt,Damon instantly found out who it was. It was one of the petty gangs,we took a handful of men as it was just a petty gang. We went there and killed a few but then the leader said something about,he had to do it or something. At first,Damon found it suspicious but he didn't kill him,he was kept alive for questioning,we told our men to take back to then base. We were leaving and Xavier's men attacked. It was like a set up. Eventually our men started going down and Damon was out of bullets,he was then shot in the neck and back. They said twice in the back,once in the neck. I went to cover him and they shot me a few times,they beat us up,I tried fighting them off but I couldn't. The 2 men that left,they brought more men from the base and then we ended up in the hospital. But when Xavier's men left,Damon said that I must make sure you okay,and don't to dwell in any grief. He also said he loves you.",he explains.

I break down. Within a simple day my life once again changed and now I sit here with no one by my side except myself. After some time,I managed to say,"Matteo get better as fast as you can because when you do,they all going to die",and with that I walk out and go home.

Kinda a long chapter,but what will happen now? Damon is dead,the mole is unknown,her parents are alive but they shot her? Thoughts?