Chapter 15- Concern.

Sophia POV

Mason asked for some time alone with Damon. I leave and walk outside to the back yard and sit by the bench near the gardens. I love the garden,it reminds me of my mom.

I lay back. Tomorrow,I'm going to meet the man that killed my parents. Am I ready? Taking me out of my mind as I hear my phone vibrate. It's Ella's message. Shit,she doesn't know about the murder. Yes,she's young but she deserves to know about our parents. I know aunt Natasha knows but I need to tell Ella. I decide to tell her after tomorrow and after telling Damon.

I reply to Ella's message:

I'm fine,El. Sasha is just driving me crazy. How are you and aunt Natasha?

I hate lying to her but it's just 2 more days. I put my phone down when Damon appears. He sits next to me as we sit in comfortable silence. "I need you to be careful and alert tomorrow,you will have a gun and a knife,tugged into your clothes. From the time we leave till the time we come back,I want you stay by my side or Dante's or Matteo's side at all times and if neither of us is found,you stay my Alesandro,do you understand me?",he says looking into the garden,sternly.

I turn to him and put my hand on his hand. "I'll be safe,Damon,I'll do as you say. But you need to promise me not do anything harsh,to not harm yourself",I say with concern. He chuckles. "Sophia I'm the King,everyday by being King,I have a potential of being harmed. I don't care about myself,right now my concern is you,if anything goes wrong,go to the secret elevator that's on the 29th floor,in room 577",he says sternly handing me the key. "This room is always vacant",he says.

I take the key,it's a card key,gold. One side is says 577 and the other says King Hotel. I sigh. "Okay,I promise to be go if anything happens",I say.

He relaxs. I think of what he said earlier. "Damon,do you consider me as your weak link?",I say. He turns to me and his eyes soften. "No,Sophia,you are not my weak link,you make me...I care for you. I never want you hurt. You are my motivation",he says quickly.

My heart softens and I hug him with him hugging me back. We stay like that for a while.

"Promise me to be safe tomorrow, Sophia. Run if needed. Hide if needed. Protect yourself if I can't and once the danger is gone,I'll find my way back to you",he says hugging me tighter.

"I promise,Damon. I know you can protect me but I can do it by myself too",I say and hug him back with the same enthusiasm.

I lay on his chest with his arms around me as we sit in comfortable silence looking into the garden and the night befalls us.

What will happen tomorrow? Will they make it out safe? Will he protect her? Thoughts?