010

I listened as they all bickered with one another, as I slept on the floor. They bickered about my dad being dead or alive. We were heading to Redfield lighthouse, which was Dad's favorite place.

Once we actually stopped at Redfield, JJ helped me out of the van, as I was still unsteady from him murdering my Rooster. "You good?" He asked and I nodded, with a straight face. "I'm sorry about killing your rooster."

I stood there for a good five seconds and shrugged. I looked up at him for a quick second, facing his attentive stare at me before looking away once again. "I'll forgive you."

He let out a chuckle. "Not now?" He asked, tilting his head forward.

"In a minute."

He let out a small laugh. It was enough for me to crack a small smile. Not my usual smirk, but it was a complete smile.

"Can I have your phone?" He asked me, holding out his hand.

I scrunched my eyebrows, reaching towards my back pocket. "Why?" I questioned, weary of his statement.

"So I can set that timer," he chuckled, nudging my shoulder with his own. I let out a laugh, more audible than the last.

"Ah," I answered, shrugging my shoulders. "Y'know what?"

His face brightened up and looked back at me.

"I don't think I forgive you yet," I answered with a chuckle.

He rolled his eyes and playfully shoved me. "You're an ass," he laughed, taking a few steps away from me.

"Let's be honest here, Blondie, I'm your—" I stopped myself. "You see, when I thought of it, it sounded better in my head—"

"No, what were you going to say, Dyls?" He said, with a smirk and pushing me to finish my last sentence.

"No."

"Well, I'm going to make you say it one of these days," he muttered, as we began walking towards the crew.

"Oh, you will, will you?" I scoffed, letting out a fake gasp.

He nudged my shoulder with his, playfully and I rolled my eyes. We turned back to the crew, who had their arms crossed and were staring at us both. I felt the blood drain my face as I smiled and let out a wave.

"You lovebirds down, yet?" Pope asked us. JJ held up a finger gun at him and clicked his tongue.

"Yes, sheree."

"Right." My brother scoffed, smiling at me and winking. "You're gonna post up and look for bogeys, okay?" John B asked Pope and JJ. "Wait, why me?" JJ asked. "Because you're not going," Pope said. "There are independent and dependent variables. And you're independent. We don't know what you'll do," Pope explained.

"Damn," I said, wrapping my bandana on my head. "This shits deep." They both began bickering and I laughed. "Listen to me for a second!" JB yelled. "Pope, you stand look out with JJ. Okay?"

"Great," Kie exclaimed. My brother, Kie and I began walking, but we could hear them talking behind us. "I'm gonna work on my merit scholarship essay," Pope, of course, said.

-|-

"This.. is totally freaky being back here," I said, looking up through the light house. "What're we looking for?" Kie asked. "We'll know it when we see it," JB said. "If we see it," I explained. I began walking up the stairs, quietly. Once we made it to the top, we were stopped by a metal door. John B knocked on the door, and I sighed. "No one's home."

Then, the door opened. I gasped, frightened by how fast the man opened the door. "We're here for the lighthouse," I said, pushing my brother out of the way.