055

"Get in!" John B shouted at us.

Sarah agreed, patting the seat on the tourist bike beside her for me and Kie. We eagerly sat down beside her, as Pope and JJ got behind the bike to push.

John B began pedaling as hard as he could, as JJ and Pope pushed from behind. "Oh my God!" Kie and Sarah both shouted, looking at the men behind us. Huh. Seemed John and Sarah were being troublemakers too.

"Pedal faster, JB!" I shouted at him, watching Renfield catch onto us.

"He's gaining!"

"Pedal faster!"

After we were going good, I looked at Pope and JJ. "Get on!" They were just about tripping over themselves to get on. JJ got on first, holding onto my wrist again.

"Pope, get on!" I shouted at him.

He stepped to get onto the bike, but his foot missed causing him to tumble to the floor, leaving him behind.

"Pope, get up! Let's go!" John B shouted.

Pope immediately got back up again and began running back to us. He reached his hand out, for Kie to grab and help him on.

He got on at the last second, but Renfield had caught up too. He grabbed onto Pope, for a personal tug-of-war. We continued to try to shove him off, but he was completely defiant.

"Get off!" We all shouted.

He didn't.

So I did the logical thing. I turned around completely in my seat, balled my hand into a fist, and punched him square in the jaw, hearing a solid thud.

It did hurt my hand a bit, but it definitely hurt his more, since I hit him with the hand JJ's ring was on.

We all began laughing as Renfield collapsed onto the concrete road, rolling.

"See you later, alligator!" JJ shouted, looking back at him and patting John B's back. I stood up, hugging my brother around the neck as he pedaled.

"Missed you, JB," I muttered.

He steered with one hand, hugging me with the other. "Missed you so much, DB."

"See you later, asshole!" Pope shouted, waving back at him as we all laughed.

JJ stood up, waving his middle finger in the air and back at Renfield. "Blowin' you a little big big kiss!"

John B took us to the beach, where they had a boat waiting. We left Heyward's truck in the dust.

We filled her up with gas, and just like that, we were all together again.

I gave my brother a large hug, and he held me tight. It told me that he missed me as much as I missed him.

~|~

We all laughed as we said our adventure and they said theirs. We went back to Kildare, and stopped at a deserted garden.

As Kie and Sarah went to get some type of breakfast, the boys and I stood back on the boat, waiting.

We paced back and forth around the boat, trying to focus on anything but my hunger.

"So, uh, what's up with this Kiara stuff there, big guy?" John B asked Pope, as JJ stood at the top with the steering wheel. He was listening to his music in the built-in radio, as I finally sat back down.

"Uh, honestly, I don't know right now, man," Pope sighed. "I mean, I definitely like her."

"Sure," John B agreed, sitting down beside him.

"And I'm pretty sure she likes me."

"Seems like it," I added, as JJ plopped down right beside me, pressing his arm around my waist.

"Right now, there's a lot of conflicting information going on. Like, I'm trying to gather all the data and put into a folder in my mind—"

"Folder?" John B playfully scoffed, running his hand through his hair.

JJ leaned forward, getting Pope's attention. "Alright, man. Look, women, alright. Like, they're just not consistent."

I scrunched my eyebrows, looking at him, acting offended. "Excuse me? You calling me inconsistent, there, Blondie?"

He looked at me, flashing a nervous smirk.

"Well, first of all there—" I began. John B covered my mouth with his hand. "Alright, we're not on a take female advice from JJ."

I shoved his hand off. "Which is funny because THERE'S A FEMALE HERE," I scoffed, holding my arms wide open.

"What's the deal with this Limbrey chick? You think she knew our pops?" John B asked, completely changed the subject, which was funky because I, in fact, was getting into the past convo.

"I don't know. But I do think that she has the information that could exonerate you," Pope explained to him.

"That'd be ideal," I agreed.

JJ grabbed my hand, wrapping it around the back of his neck. "Not to throw a monkey wrench in the entire thing but she did just try to kidnap you, man," he added. "How many times do I gotta say this?"

"Ugh, here we go," John B sighed.

"Why are we going back? Why don't we go south? Why don't we go to Yucatán," JJ asked, and I shrugged my shoulders. "Coast of Broken Dreams, baby!"

"What is it with you and Yucatán?" I questioned.

"No, dude! I'm not running anymore. Look, OBX is my home. Our home," he says, looking at me. "And, besides, if I go back, I get another shot at Ward."

We all quieted down, sitting in silence, before we were interrupted by Sarah.

"Hi," she muttered. "What y'all talking about?"

"Fishing," John B lied.

"Dropping lures," JJ added.

I looked in Sarah and Kie's arms. Full, juicy watermelons.

"Need help?" I asked, holding my arms out.

"Thanks," Sarah said, giving me hers, who I passed to JJ. Kie gave me hers, which was heavier than Sarah's.

"Goodness gracious," JJ groaned.

"What's that now?" Pope asked, stupidly.

"I got breakfast."