014

He hugged me, and pressed a kiss on my cheek, making me blush even more. He put his arm around my waist, as a stray fake tear wandered down his face. "I'll come up with something," JJ excused. "Tell him I couldn't find it."

"Mm-hm. All right."

"Sorry, sir," I said, placing my arm on JJ's shoulder.

I got you all figured out.

We walked about ten meters and I smiled at JJ. "Girlfriend? Really," I chuckled, as he smiled. "My little J-Bear!" I joked, making him laugh. "My little Dyl-pickle," he said, making me laugh. I put my head on his shoulder, knowing our mission was accomplished.

-|-

"Who knew stealing a drone could make you so hungry," I laughed, getting out of the Twinkie. "And tired." I added, stumbling. We walked into The Wreck and I smiled at Mr. Carrera. While Kie asked her Dad for free food, I took JJ's hat, once again, and placed it backwards on my head. "So hungry," my brother pleaded. "Be patient," I warned. "Good things come to those who wait."

I look over at Mr. C and waved, smiling. Kie hugged her dad, smiling her head off so I took that as a yes. "Sit down," Kie told us and I sat down beside JJ. "Oh, yes!"

...

My brother shoved French fries into his mouth and I, as politely as I could, ate my burger fast. My brother threw a French fry at me, so I could catch it in my mouth. He missed terribly, which instead landed in JJ's mouth. A song began playing and I smiled as Kie pointed to my brother, wanting him to dance with her. I watched them, smiling, until a hand waved out to me. "No," I declined.

"Yes," JJ told me. "You know I don't dance," I warned him. "I'll teach you," he said. "You? Dancing?"

"Mom taught me before she took off," JJ said, pulling me up from my seat. Pope whistled, smiling. JJ twirled me in a circle, and I couldn't stop laughing. Not because of him, it was how terrible I was. "You're doing great," he told me. "I suck."

"No, you don't," he said, grabbing my hands and swaying them back and forth. He turned me around, wrapping his (and my) arms around me. He placed his chin on my shoulder. I looked down at him, giggling.

-|-

My brother tapped the camera, showing off his teeth. I smiled, being underwater. I showed my middle finger, and mouthed, "fuck you!"

I swam back to the top, laughing. "Fuck you!" I shouted to JJ, who gave me middle fingers back. I laughed. "Hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town, and file a formal claim," John B explained. "It's bullshit. Why do we have to do that?" JJ asked.

"Because.. technically... it's illegal to just go down to a wreck, or the ocean floor and start scooping a bunch of shit up," I explained, climbing a ladder to the deck. "I know. I know. It's just lawyers aren't cheap, bro."

"As soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp."

"How do you know all that?" Kie asked. "Cause my Dad said it, like, a million times," I explained, hanging onto the edge of the deck. "Yeah, that's fair," Kie said. "This tether is like.. really long. In the wrong weather, it could get pushed around," Pope thought, and I grumbled. "Then we'll got at dead calm," John B endured. Thunder began to rumble, and I rolled my eyes. "So now, we just gotta wait around for the right weather," Pope exposed.

"And today is not that day."

I looked up at the clouds, seeing a big dark cloud.

-|-