032

THE NEXT DAY

All the Pogue's, except my brother, were in the yard, figuring out the psychics for our plan.

JJ woke up sober, and began kissing me, again. He only stopped when we heard the sound of Pope's truck in the driveway.

I used my makeup, which I didn't tend to wear too much, to cover up our hickey's, the best way I could.

Of course, Pope and Kie found out, and acted scarred for life.

I stood with Pope, testing out our bucket for weight. Kie was inside of it.

"How's it feel?" I asked.

"Good."

I could see JJ over in the hot tub. "John B pulling a Houdini," he shouted, as I walked over to him, leaning against it. JJ looked down at me, leaning down to kiss me.

"So, are you walking right?"

I laughed. "No. I'm still sore."

He shook his head. "I try my best," he sighed.

I got on my tiptoes to kiss him, but we were interrupted by Houdini himself.

"Speak of the devil," I joked, as John B walked a beeline to the porch.

"Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything," JJ lied, as my brother looked like he didn't give two shits.

"No, he did not. I did that."

I looked at my brother's face. Pissed, angry. "Wait. John?" I asked, as he walked into the Chateau.

I looked at Kie and Pope who were following me into the house. "Okay, that's it?" JJ asked, getting out of the hot tub.

"What's that all about?" Pope questioned. "I was gonna ask you the same question," JJ answered.

I walked inside, following my brother. Inside, he was going through our cabinets, swiftly. "You all right, man? What— what's up?" Pope asked him.

"What're you looking for?" I asked, crossing my arms. "John B!" I shouted, trying to gain his attention. He looked under the cushions, and grabbed the gun, which was what he was looking for.

"John B, what do you need the gun for?" JJ asked, walking towards him. "Talk to us!" He shouted, walking in front of my brother. He grabbed him by the shoulder, and wrestled him down onto the couch.

"John B, chill out, dude," I exclaimed, holding my arms out. He walked past me and towards the back door. "What, are you JJ now?" Pope asked, as my brother threw him out of the way too, onto the table.

I ran in front of the door, trying to stop him. He grabbed me by the wrist, and pulled me out of the way, landing by the fridge. "Ouch," I groaned, getting back up.

JJ walked- or ran- over to me, making sure I was alright. "I'm fine. What's gotten into him?" I questioned, walking towards the front.

"I know the same thing you know, Dylan."

I walked outside, as my brother who was on JJ's bike. "John B, what the hell?!" Kie shouted, trying to get to him before he took off.