043

We all ran outside, smiling hysterically.

"I mean, is it even possible?" Kie asked.

"Shoupe said they were dead! He said that," I added, walking towards the metal picnic tables and sitting on the top of one.

"Okay, but I think we're overreacting, cause we can't rule out the possibility that this could be some kind of weird, cruel hoax," Pope explained, and I scoffed.

I looked at JJ, who was holding his hand on his heart. He always did that when he was 1) worried, 2) anxious, or 3) sad. I'm guessing it was 2, cause I was having an anxiety attack.

"I'm gonna ask," I added, typing on my phone onto the group chat that the mystery texter had made.

Dyl: what the freaking hell?
is this you? cause I swear to
God if it is...

Pope sat onto the concrete wall, as Kie sat on the table beside me. JJ leaned against the school title-board.

"He responded?" Pope asked.

"He's typing," Kie answered.

I watched as the bubble showed up, meaning that whoever was texting was typing. My leg bounced up and down as I looked around, anxiously. My phone buzzed and I looked at it.

Unknown: Is JJ there?

JJ quickly answered.

Jayj💙: I'm here Bree

Unknown: Did you pimp my short board?

I let out a laugh, laughing. JJ looked up at me, smiling. "It's him."

Unknown: Did you propose to my sister yet?

I had covered my mouth with my hands, trying not to cry and to hide the quiver that had shown up. "It's him," I agreed, as I stood on top of the table.

Jayj💙: still planning on the details😉

JJ walked over to me, grabbing and picking me up by the hips.

I squealed playfully. He twirled me around as a few tears fell. He put me down, kissing me passionately. It was so quick that I could barely notice what was happening.

When he backed away, I hugged Kie as he went to Pope, then we switched huggers.

I watched as he shook his hand at his waist in victory. "Yeah!"

I laughed, as my brother texted back. "Laying super low in Nassau," Kie read.

I scoffed, as JJ wiped the tears off my face. "How the hell did they get to the fuh-trucking Bahamas?" I asked.

JJ smiled at Pope. "Can't kill a Pogue, dude."

"Especially John B."

Unknown: Can you clear my name?
Wanna come home

I laughed.

"Hell yeah," JJ agreed. "We'll clear your name, boy."

Dyl: Hell yeah, bro.

Unknown: Be in touch. P4L.

"P4L, man. That what I'm talking about!" JJ cheered, kissing me yet again.

I looked around, as we all were crying, me more than most. I sat down on the table, covering my head in my hands and sobbing, and this time, they weren't sad sobs. "Holy shit!" I cried, wiping away the hairs that were stained on my face from crying.

All the Pogues centered around me, picking me up to a stand and hugging me.

"Dyl's a twin again," Kie agreed, laughing.

"And now I have to get your brother's blessing now that he's not dead... great," JJ agreed, jokingly. Pope smacked him playfully, as I laughed.

"P4L, you lil' fuckers," I laughed, as JJ kissed my head.

"P4L, Dyl. You and me," he whispered in my ear, leaning his forehead the side of my head. "P4L, baby."

"P4L," I agreed.

a/n:

really short chapter but I wanted to get something out today.