049

Kie and I crawled into the catch basin, finally. We sat in the deep hole, surrounded by water which had a lot of mud and other gross shit inside of it.

We looked up at the ladder, which was only the size for a 11 year old child to climb up. On top was the drain-gate, which we could see the sunlight gleam through.

"Let's find this weapon," I sighed, beginning to look in the water.

...
(A quick 3rd POV)

Meanwhile, JJ and Pope were still at the end of the drain, waiting for a call from the girls.

JJ rested the crowbar on the top of the concrete platform. "Alright, bro," he said to Pope, "I see you vibing on Kie, okay? Give me the details, man. Are we talking first base, second base, third base?-"

"Try not even in the same ballpark," Pope declared.

"What do you mean by that?"

Pope shrugged. "It's not like you and Dylan. It's like we're not playing the same game."

...

"People are SO shitty," Kie said, throwing an old beer can behind her.

"Blame the government, Kie. Always works for me," I laughed.

...

"The other night, we're—"

"Okay."

"She was all over me."

"Alright. And..."

"Good start."

"But she was wasted, so it doesn't really count," Pope explained.

...

Kie and I shivered at the disgusting water, cant helping but giggle a bit at the situation.

"Blugh."

...

"I tried to be edgy, out-there Pope, and she didn't like that. So, it tried to be strait-laced Pope."

"Dude—" JJ began raising his arm to Pope's shoulder, as he began getting a bit heated.

"She didn't like that."

"First of all, I understand—" JJ tried to cut in.

"So I don't know what to do!" Pope said over JJ's voice.

"Pope, think. I know you can do that, alright? I understand. I'm in some deep shit with Dylan too, okay?"

"You are?"

"Yes, from-"

"How?" JJ covered Pope mouth with his hand.

"You see, Pope? I can't tell you how we're fighting if you don't cut me off every ten seconds!" JJ said to him, and Pope shrugged his hand off of his mouth.

"Fine. Talk."

"Yesterday night. The broken camera thing? Back and forth banter? Yeah, that. For you, like, light some candles. Put on some Otis Redding. Yeah. That would work. Or like play guitar."

"That's Dylan's thing, dumbass. I can't play guitar. I can't do any of those things," Pope explained.

"Guys, I think I found something!" Dylan shouted from inside the drain.

"You did?!" The boys heard Kie's voice echo.

"The gun? Do you got it?" JJ asked.

Dylan looked at the thing she grabbed, immediately realizing it was red and felt very sticky.