052

We all stood by the truck on the moving ferry, cruising on the water.

"My parents are so paranoid of me being a Pogue, like it's the worst thing that could ever happen," Kie explained to us, as me and J sat beside each other on the roof of Heyward's truck.

"Hey, I hear they got good weed at boarding school, though," JJ added, in which I playfully slapped him in the chest. He was currently rolling a joint, as Kie continued her venting session.

"I'm NOT going to boarding school. They're gonna have to kidnap me, tie me up, and throw me in a van."

"Kie, I promise if it comes to that, I jump in the car, untie you, and push you out. Even if I get taken to the Kook palace called boarding school myself," I laughed, playfully.

"Whell, I shay," JJ said, holding the joint in his mouth, and taking a step off of the truck's roof, and turned around and looked at me. "We crumble some herb right now."

He held the joint him my face, getting down on one knee in front of me.

"Dylan Routledge, will you do me the honor of smoking some pot with me?"

I laughed, "of course."

I took it from him, then walked in front of him, and bent down onto one knee, just as J'd down for me, but instead in front of Kie. I breathed in the joint, taking it out of my mouth and holding it in front of Kie. I breathed out, watching as the smoke flowed out.

"Kiara Carrera, will you do me a honor of smoking pot with me and JJ?"

She chuckled at me. "Thought you'd never ask."

I sat down beside JJ in the bed, our backs laying against the truck where the back window is. Once Kie got her hit, she passed it back to me.

"Hey, Dyl, have you tried to hit John B back on that number yet?" Pope asked me.

"Like... thirty million times."

"That's quite a few times," JJ chuckled.

"Some random woman at a hotel in Nassau keeps answering," I added to my statement.

"Well, until we hear from them again, we gotta try and clear his name. Right now, this letter's out best bet," Pope said.

"Right. Stay on task. That why I love ya, Pope," JJ exclaimed, as Kie stood up and held the weed to Pope. "What Pope are you gonna be today?"

Pope looked at it, then at Kie. "I'm good," he shrugged. "I'm gonna try to focus."

"Good Pope," Kie decided, then sat down beside me, making me sit in the middle. Pope walked towards the front seat of the truck. "Boring Pope," Kie muttered to us.

I forgot I had the joint in my hand, and just held it there. JJ realized, and held his hands up.

"I'll take that," he asked, wiggling his fingers as I nearly handed it to him, but he drew his hand in a circle.

"Do tricks now! Roll over, boy!" JJ chuckled, as he acted as if the weed was a dog treat and he was telling a dog to do something.

I held the joint up, as if telling his to sit. "Sit."

"Sit," he agreed.

"Try to catch a fish. Catch a fish!" I cheered, as JJ jokingly popped from his seat up and down. He barked at me, playfully.

I giggled. "Fish on."