062

The next morning, I woke to JJ's arm around me and the sound of my phone ringing.

I slowly sat up, holding a blanket against my body to cover me up. I looked down at JJ, who was still sound asleep.

After we told Kie and Pope what happened, they explained to us about the key Pope found and what it had said: "The path to the tomb begins in the island room."

Then, me and JJ ended that night "with a bang." Damn him and his flirtatious sweet talking.

I rubbed my eyes, and stretched out my arms. I reached over to grab my phone, with a yawn. I looked down at it, and it read: Unknown Number; but no potential spam.

With a sigh, I answered. "Hello?" I asked, my voice too tired to barely get out.

"Is this Dylan Routledge?" The caller— a woman asked.

I furrowed my brows. "This is she."

"Hello, miss. This is the Kildare County Detention Center. We'd like to talk to you about your brother's situation," the woman asked me, politely.

That got me even more confused. Why in hell would the cops call me about my brother? "I—um," I cleared my throat. I wanna to say more, like why, or how but it was too early for me to think about. "Okay...when would you like me to be there?"

"Anytime today would be great. Preferably this morning."

"How about 30 minutes?" I questioned her, since it was currently 8:00.

She let out a light laugh. "If that works for you. Thank you. See you soon, Dylan."

"Yep. Bye," I answered, ending the call. I put my phone down, squinting my eyes. Why would they need to see me? What was going on?

"Princess?" JJ asked, groggily. He placed his hand on my thigh, squeezing in delicately. "Who was that?"

"It was— uh—nobody. I gotta go, okay?" I told him, leaning down and kissing him.

He groaned, keeping my head down near his. "No. You're staying here with me, right beside me. Your hot body against mine," he said, grabbing my hand. I let out a playful scoff.

"Callin' your body 'hot', Maybank? Getting a little full of yourself?" I joked, with a light laugh.

"Always," he smirked, opening his eyes and looking up at me.

"I gotta go though," I smiled, kissing him again.

He groaned. "Fine. Don't do anything stupid," he sighed, rolling over and going back to sleep.

"You're the one to talk," I scoffed, beginning to put my clothes back on.

"Fuck you," he said as a playful joke.

"Like you just did," I answered in a playful tone.

"Ha-ha. And I'd do it again," he said, stuffing his face into one of my pillows.

I gave him one last kiss, then left the Chateau.

~|~

I rode my bike to the department, and almost as soon as I got there, I was surprised.

The Twinkie was sat in the front lot. I looked inside, but the keys weren't there, which made sense so no one would steal it, but then again, who the hell would want to steal the Twinkie?

I let out a sigh, walking inside the Department. A woman greeted me there, as I crossed my arms and leaned against the wall.

"Miss. Routledge?" She asked me, holding her hand out to shake mine.