-5-

♢♔𝓗𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓮𝓻♔♢

♢♔𝓗𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓮𝓻♔♢

Like A Movie ~Lo Nightly

Shocked was a fucking understatement.

I was livid; every vein was pumping lava, my muscles tensed as my biceps and shoulders protruded through my jacket. My jaw ticked slowly, like an atomic bomb.

My electric eyes narrowed at the man, condescendingly scanning his tall, lanky figure with a clenched fist. I could easily send him straight to his ancestors if he kept up with those romantic gestures.

Lia was the first to throw her tiny arms around the beautiful Illithyia, and the both of them were squealing in excitement. She shook the guy's hand, and suddenly, everyone's gaze was on me.

After forcing me to make an appearance, did they expect me to actually be civil with this guy? They were asking for a lot, I wasn't such a tolerant man.

"Good evening, Mr. Vasudevan," Illithyia sounded so innocent, a sly smile tugging at her lips. Claire wasn't present, and it gave me a bit of freedom.

I moved towards her, placing my hand against the small of her back to kiss her cheek in greeting. I could smell her heavenly fragrance that my senses always got so lost in, the warmth of her skin emanating onto my lips.

I was genuinely going to give her a delicious lovebite while her boyfriend watched, but I didn't want to be dramatic tonight.

"You look fucking stunning," I suavely susurrated against her earlobe, pulling away from her with an equally devious smirk.

She really did. Her svelte, curvy body was swallowed by her dress. Her forest green vintage gown pushed her voluptuous breasts up, and I took note of the small heart tattoo on the left one. It accentuated her body, then flowed with a large slit on the leg.

She was an immaculate goddess, I was in pure awe. Her beauty was rare, enigmatic, it summoned Havier in the most unholy ways-

"Good evening Sir, I'm Mike, Illithyia's-"

"I wish I had the least bit of interest," I thought subconsciously, only to realise that I had said it out loud.

"Stop being rude, Dad. He's being nice," Lia nudged me and I secretly rolled my eyes.

"It's uh, nice to meet you." The guy outstretched his hand, and in that moment, it seemed to be the most convenient time to bury my hands in my pockets.

"Likewise." My response was clipped, disregarding his hand as he slowly put it down. Illithyia seemed very amused; I'd love to know if she'll maintain that grin when I whip her good.

"Dinner's ready everyone," Claire returned, beaming as she ushered Illithyia and Mile to the table while we followed behind.

I had no choice but to settle down beside Claire, and she moved to squeeze my hand with a smile over her deep red, matte lips. I faked one, then returned my gaze to Illithyia and the asshole.