-12-

♢♔𝓗𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓮𝓻♔♢

♢♔𝓗𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓮𝓻♔♢

I couldn't imagine the plans that everyone had for Friday night. Including Illithyia.

By six pm, many of the people who came on the trip were filing out of the villa to their destinations for the night. My wife was off with the housewives to some luxurious restaurant of some sort and she'd be gone until eleven pm. Perfect.

Alex also left with some guys he met in the villas since I didn't want to associate myself with him and had done little to conceal my animalistic hostility towards him. I couldn't do it, I always stayed true to myself.

It was hypocritical considering that I couldn't confess my sins to my own wife.

Illithyia had also made plans. She was going to one of the famous bars around the area with some girls she had familiarised herself with in the villa. Lia was staying in, but I highly suspected that she had already gotten herself a native boyfriend.

She had become so fond of the cute guys who served her coconut drink at intervals during her day. She no longer hung out with the family and preferred to go for surfing lessons with those same guys throughout the daytime, then go for the bonfire evenings with the crew.

She was old enough to take care of herself, she was no longer the little girl I used to train how to walk in my office. I needn't lecture her on safe sex or whatever the hell they did nowadays.

I took a cold, thorough shower an hour later, then moisturised after drying myself. I headed to the closet then got dressed in a dark shirt and matching trousers, securing the sleeves with polished gold cufflinks before I slipped my shoes on.

Running a hand through my damp hair, I shrugged carelessly before slipping my jacket over my stalwart biceps and broad, muscular shoulder blades then applying my signature scent. I fully knew where I was headed tonight, and I was fucking excited.

There was a lot of work to do, and the more I pursued my desires, the closer I came to achieving my goals.

Giving myself one last glance in the mirror, I left the villa then slipped into my car. Checking the location once more, I revved the engine then sped all the way to the bar.

My heart pulsed furiously, perilous adrenaline coursing through my veins as I thought about her. Or what we were eventually going to do the moment we got comfortable with each other. I needed to move stealthily with skill, then pounce when the time was right.

I couldn't get over the way she tasted the other day. She had a delicate saccharine taste that kept me craving for more and rather than getting over her, I was falling deeper into the destructive spiral of lust like a fucking idiot.

What was happening to me? Were the twenty-two years I'd committed to Claire been a comical joke, or an utter waste of time?

Regardless, no higher power could save me from the detrimental desires that I was in pursuit of. Maybe, I didn't want to be saved. Maybe the thrill of it all is what kept me coming back despite the danger that entailed it.