-24-

ღ𝓘𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓽𝓱𝔂𝓲𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥ღ

ღ𝓘𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓽𝓱𝔂𝓲𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥ღ

Corset || Azee

I woke up to the scent of fresh bacon and fluffy scrambled eggs entangled in the aroma of coffee.

That delicious aroma alone made me open my eyes, stretching my arms in the process. I momentarily panicked when I realised that I wasn't in my room, then it finally dawned on me when I saw the ocean in the distance.

I was on the cruise ship.

My eyes searched the room, finally noticing the elegant pieces of furniture complimented by the white, gold streaked marble floor and pastel walls decorated with different kinds of unique portraits of art.

I reached for the tray and dug into my breakfast unapologetically. I didn't realise how all the dancing, drinking and laughing till dawn had sapped all my energy. I had no idea how I had even returned to my room considering I had been high as a kite last night.

Once I was done, I sipped on the creamy coffee with a sigh. Just as I was about to set the cup down, I caught sight of another letter.

An invitation.

I reached for it, holding the sheets to my naked body while doing so. I had been too lazy to change into pyjamas after Havier escorted me to my door and made sure I was safely inside my room.

He had been quite the gentleman last night. I was starting to see a different side to him lately and it seemed so genuine and raw.

I knew exactly what Havier was going through. I was a therapist. And I could tell there were reasons why he hadn't easily opened up to me, instead, introducing me to his dark side as someone else.

Believe it or not, men had their insecurities and worries. Havier was someone who valued his reputation and would go to any extent to save himself from disrepute.

He hadn't trusted me. It wasn't easy handing your entire life to someone you didn't know on a silver platter. He had feared my judgement, he had feared exposure to the public and he found comfort in expressing himself anonymously to hundreds of people in the club.

Being someone else was addictive. You can easily lose yourself without noticing, wipe out your real identity the more you fall into the spiral of forging an identity.

An identity that everyone loved, desired and admired.

Scar was undoubtedly 'perfect'. Humans are tuned to crave importance and respect, and that's exactly what was happening to Havier.

He found happiness in being Scar, a mysterious, sexy man that took you to dark places you've never known. A man who wasn't affiliated with anything, not even marriage.

There were still so many things I wanted to unravel about him. I was aware that he knew. He really knew. He's seen a lot, gone through a lot but all of it is concealed under the nonchalant billionaire façade.