-20-

ღ𝓘𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓽𝓱𝔂𝓲𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥ღ

ღ𝓘𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓽𝓱𝔂𝓲𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥ღ

Angels By My Side || Sølv

"I think you're still a little shaken. You need to take time to think about everything and collect your thoughts before you confront anyone," I told the man who sat opposite me, clad in a designer suit with his hair neatly gelled back.

He was a very attractive man, still in his late twenties and struggling with a cheating wife.

"But this is the third time, Illithyia. I can't take it anymore, I've been patient for too long." He looked very distressed, I felt my heart ache for him.

Leo Patterson was an accomplished millionaire with a chain of businesses across the world. He was ranked in the top five of eligible bachelors and constantly captured everyone's attention.

We were currently sitting in a fancy restaurant and all eyes had been on us since we got here. I knew what the tabloids would say: Leo, a hot business tycoon seen making out with the famous, beautiful therapist Illithyia Palmer.

The paparazzi always needed something false to help them stay relevant.

"Have you seen them together yet?" I asked and he handed me his phone as though knowing that I would ask.

My brows raised as I saw a clear picture of a man and a woman in bed together, doing what lovers usually did. Indeed, that was his wife Ophelia, a hotshot model who had only risen to success because of Leo.

"Wow, okay." I handed his phone back to him, shaking my head to get the disturbing image out of my head.

"I know. I didn't want to believe it, until this." He sighed, his head hung low in defeat.

"What are your current thoughts right now, Leo?" I asked him softly, moving closer.

"I just want to go away for some time. Cut Ophelia off completely and just start afresh. Travel, try new foods, make need friends and just get away from work and this whole shitshow." He confessed, rubbing his forehead gently.

"So do it. Be present for yourself and do exactly what your heart and mind are telling you to do. If it protects your peace and happiness, then go for it." I encouraged, reaching for his phone and tapping on a hotel-booking app.

"Here. Get a hotel room in Indonesia for about a month and just disappear. I'll organise for a lawyer to serve your wife with some divorce papers while you're relaxing if that's what you want—"

"Yes, definitely. Let me know if you need anything to speed up the process. I need her up and out of my life before I openly lose my shit," we both laughed, lifting our glasses to toast to new beginnings.

He was clearly nervous to put everything aside and not take responsibility for once in his life. He had always been the one to fix things and resolve issues, but now, he was leaving it all behind for a while until he decided what to do next. Maybe he'd find someone new there after taking time to grieve the death of his marriage.