-9-

♢♔𝓗𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓮𝓻♔♢

♢♔𝓗𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓮𝓻♔♢

Under Pressure || RILEY ft. Chase Atlantic

I was having my breakfast as I stared at my laptop, having a business meeting with Yves Nicholson. It was five am and we were both going over the architectural plan for the sixth time that month.

He was a hardworking man, and so was I.

Hence, at as early as four am, we were already discussing some additions, adjustments and eliminations. The budget was going to increase but I didn't care, I wanted my business to be the best.

That way, I'd increase my already large market share and gain the trust of some hot-headed fuckers who still couldn't put their money into my bank.

"Great. So I'll meet up with you next month in Singapore, I've got an awards ceremony to attend there anyway." I informed him.

"Me too. I'll send you a date to put into your calendar, I'm aware that you're a busy man." Yves smiled and I chuckled.

"Of course, I've got to keep running all the businesses or else I'll go insane."

"Exactly my thoughts, but my wife won't stop talking about how I need to take a break," he shook his head.

"She's right, you two men work too much." My own wife walked into the room, her strong perfume diffusing into the atmosphere as she did so.

"Seems I've got the same struggle as you. But anyway, just send me an email and I'll add it to the calendar. It was great speaking to you," I concluded and after dismissing our call, I finished off my breakfast.

"Good morning to you too Havier," she scowled a few minutes later, and my eyes flickered to her.

She was dressed in a black bodycon with a matching blazer and bag, and she was heavily adorned in jewellery. Her hair had clearly gone through some sort of routine and I internally wondered what the occasion was.

But this was Claire, she was always dressing up. That was her nature.

"Good morning, wife," the sarcasm in my tone lingered in the last part, and she rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know that we're leaving for—"

"A vacation! We're going to the Maldives," Lia interjected, sitting beside me and wrapping her tiny arms around me.

If this was supposed to make me feel better, then they were definitely failing at it.

"I'm not coming, I have work."

"Oh Havier, stop with the nonsense—"

"No, I mean it. The bank is going through a transition, I can't afford to waste what, one week basking in the sun?" I shook my head.

"Oh well, your loss Dad. My friends are coming, that's on your account," Lia told me and I shrugged carelessly, sipping on my fruit juice.

"The housewives will be there too, we're going to be shopping," Claire's emerald orbs flared with dire excitement.