I had been working here for two weeks and everything had been going good for the most part excepting that most of the girlies didn't like me

I had been working here for two weeks and everything had been going good for the most part excepting that most of the girlies didn't like me. I had made one friend and she was the absolute sweetest, her name was Tara and speak of the absolute angel who was standing in the doorway to my office.

"Hey, these came for you." She told me as she walked into the room with a big bouquet of roses in a vase. "I took liberty of putting them in some water for you."

"Thank you T, you didn't have to do that though." She really gravitated to me because much like myself, the girls here had been mean to her since she started working here. I knew who the ring leader was but I wasn't ready to get on her ass and she'd hate me more when I did decide to call her out on her shit.

"I wanted to, here." She placed the vase on the desk and I pulled it closer to me to smell the flowers. "There's a card."

"Did you read it?" I didn't have a problem with her reading the card because she wouldn't run her mouth but the other girl at the reception area where Tara worked was one of Keelee's followers. Grown women acting like they were still in high school, just ugh.

"No."

"Okay." I picked up the card and read it, immediately knowing who it was. He was still the absolute sweetest to me even while I was working for him and we had lunch together everyday, he made the time which had all the girlies upset. I had told him that I didn't like the idea because I didn't want people looking at me differently but he told me that he didn't care and I shouldn't worry about what other people were saying. He was the boss after all and if he said I shouldn't worry then I wouldn't worry, out loud.

"You're smiling, who is it from?"

"Someone."

"Ohhhh. I'll leave you to it then girl. See you later."

"Okay, later T." She left and I made my way to his office which was right next to mine. I knocked on the door and waited for him to give me permission to enter.

"Come in." I pushed the door open and went in only to come face to face with Keelee who was sitting on his desk.

"I can come back if it's a bad time."

"No, no, Keelee was just leaving." Which shocked her but she played it off and smiled before getting off his desk.

"Yeah, I was." She walked past me and gave me the side eye. I didn't approach him until she had locked the door behind her.

"Did you like the flowers I got you?"

"They're beautiful, thank you."

"Not as beautiful as you are." He got up from his chair and cane around to stand in front of me. "How is your day going?"

"It's going okay and yours?"

"Better, now that I've seen you."

"I literally just saw you for lunch not too long ago."