"Hey girl

"Hey girl." Angel said as she poked her head into the room. "I didn't see you come in."

"I came in through the backdoor." Oh how I was grateful that the room I was staying in had a backdoor where I could come and go without anybody seeing me.

"Did you eat today?"

"No."

"Sienna, yuh affi eat smthn mama." I didn't have an appetite but more like I felt guilty eating because he couldn't eat.

"Not hungry."

"Baby you're losing weight." She was right but that was the least of my worries. "Running yourself into the ground isn't going to make him wake up faster."

"You don't understand."

"I might not understand what you're feeling right now but I do know that he wouldn't want you to be neglecting yourself like this." She finally came into the room and sat down on the bed next to me.

"Why him nuh wah wake up? I feel like I'm going crazy Angel and the headlines are just disgusting." I sighed and rubbed my eyes that had bags under them because I hadn't been sleeping well either. The events of that night kept replaying in my head over and over again even in my subconscious. "They are saying all kinds of awful things about him and he can't even defend himself."

"Just ignore them."

"Can you believe that people are saying he was grooming me for years when I didn't even know this man existed before six months ago?"

"It's sad that people think he's that type of person but yuh cyaan listen to dem girl cause yuh know a neva suh it guh." I didn't think it was fair to attack a person that couldn't defend themselves. "Ppl aguh talk Sienna but nuh pay dem nuh mind cause di fact a di matter is dat ppl chat tuh much."

"I don't know what to do."

"It's okay but can you please just eat something? Mom and I are worried about you." She did look worried and I knew I had to eat something eventually. "I made curry chicken and white rice with sweet potato salad, your favourite. What do you say?" She bumped my shoulder and looked at me with a hopeful smile.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Yeah."

"Mummy yuh can share out di food now, she a come eat."

"Alright mi pickney."

"Wait, suh auntie did outside a di door all dis time?"

"Yeah." I couldn't help the smile that found it's way onto my face and it was probably the only real smile I had smiled in two weeks. "She smiled y'all, history mek ppl."

"Yuh nav nuh sense enuh."

"We are twins so that would explain it."

"Girl bye." I got up from the bed and hugged her which caught her off guard but she didn't hesitate to hug me back. "Thank you." Even when I didn't want to talk, she was always there whether it was right next to me on the bed so I had a shoulder to cry on, at my bedside, at the foot of my bed or outside the door, she was always there.