I trailed behind Kareem as we stepped off the elevator and all eyes immediately fell on us

I trailed behind Kareem as we stepped off the elevator and all eyes immediately fell on us. It was his first day back at work after so many months and I knew he was happy to be back but I really couldn't take all the eyes on me now we had announced our marriage to the world.

I also just noticed that there were way more people in lobby than normal but why then I heard it, the clapping that started off softly but erupted into cheers.

Watch yah?

Dem really happy fi si Kareem wen all him wah do a tell dem bout dem rass.

I nah laugh.

"Welcome back sir." Guy said walking up to him with his hand outstretched for a handshake which he took with a smile. "Mrs. Ashman." He said with a smile while peering behind Kareem and I returned the smile with a small wave.

I don't think I would ever get used to being called Mrs. Ashman.

"It feels so good to be back and I want to thank each and everyone that held down the Fort while I was out of commission. Drinks on me in the conference room later." Loud cheers could heard around the room and I laughed to myself.

Den watch happy fi get drunk a work.

"Alright, alright, let's settle down and get back to work. Let us try to have a good day today guys." Some of the people left but others stayed back greet him and I just stood there until Tara walked over and bumped my shoulder.

"Y yuh look suh?"

"How?"

"Like yuh nuh wah deh yah today."

"I don't but I still have a job to do."

"Come." She told me as she took my bag and I followed her past him as he was in deep conversation with Guy and a few of the other managers.

We made it to my office and she locked the door. I sat down in my chair and she sat opposite me while I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Mi wah quit." I wasn't going to quit and go home to sit down but I knew that with Kareem it was either I stay where I was now or go because he wouldn't allow me to go work for anybody else.

"Just suh, did something happen?"

"I love my husband enuh girl, more than anything else in this world but God know seh seeing him 25 hours of everyday kinda overwhelming. Wi nah get no time fi miss each other an yuh know how good it did feel wen him did a work from home."

"Yuh tell him dis?" I hadn't said anything because I didn't want to upset him. I shook my head no and she sighed. "Unnu married now enuh girl suh yah fi communicate wid him an unnu work things out cause mi know unnu would a miserable without each other."

"Mi confused Tee cause mi know mi aguh miss him if mi nuh si him all di time but at the same ti—." I was cut off by a knock at the door and I straightened up in my chair before clearing my throat. "Come in." I relaxed a bit when the door opened and Kareem walked in.